Job Announcement - PT Section Staff Assistant at KY/TN Section of American Water Works Association rss feed
Position: Part-time Section Staff Assistant
This position reports directly to the Executive Director. Also provides services as directed by the Board of Trustees.
Organization: KY/TN Section of American Water Works Association
Location: Louisville, Kentucky (northeast area)
Position Summary: Assists in all administrative, operational, and educational activities and programs in support of the KY/TN Section AWWA Vision Statement, Mission, Strategic Plan, and Annual Business Plan.
Hours: ± 20 hours per week. Some overtime may be required as necessary to accomplish organizational activities and requires prior authorization by the Executive Director. Work hours may be changed to meet operational requirements at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Performs various office administrative tasks such as clerical services, office reception, phone calls, filing, mail, shipping, banking, obtaining office supplies, and keeping the office clean and organized.
- Communications Services –
- Develops and maintains effective communications with the members, Board of Trustees, Committee Chairs, and the Executive Director.
- Attends Board meetings, and other meetings, as requested by the Executive Director or Board of Trustees. Records meeting minutes. Coordinates meeting needs.
- Updates and maintains the Section website and social media platforms; and assists in the publication of the Section's e-newsletter and magazine.
- Member Services –
- Maintains and serves as the main administrator for the Section’s association management software. Assists individuals with membership information. Manages membership database including updates to contact information, membership records, and database groups.
- Processes membership-related phone calls and emails and provides prompt member service in these areas. Assists in the recruitment and retention of members.
- Educational Resources Coordination Services -
- Works with Section Committee Chairs to market educational events and resources.
- Serves as facilitator for webinars utilizing online software.
- Assists Committee Chairs with all needs for educational events.
- Travels to training site, if necessary.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Executive Director and/or the Board of Trustees.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Associates Degree, or higher level, preferred.
- Prior experience in an administrative support role.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and the ability to quickly learn new software (including online) programs.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Excellent oral communication/customer service/public relations skills.
- Ability to work alone and find tasks to keep busy.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous, even under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple on-going tasks simultaneously.
Hourly rate is commensurate with skills and/or experience.
Please email cover letter which speaks to your specific interest, and outlines skills and experience which directly relate to this position and attach resume to email@example.com . E.O.E. M/F/H/V