Developing Major Gifts
August 6 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$795 for Members / $1595 for Nonmembers
Instructors: Marnie Maxwell and Ann Updegraff Spleth
Do you have a Major Gifts program? Are you interested in starting one or improving the one you have currently?
This three day seminar presented in collaboration with The Lily Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University will provide a thorough examination of major gift development and focuses on the Center’s unique eight-step process. Each step is addressed in detail, with accompanying activity leading to application of each principle.
By the time you are finished with this course you will have the knowledge and confidence to start to implement or improve a major gifts program for your organization.
DATES: August 6-8, 2019
Class Schedule (3 days)
Day 1: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Day 2: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Day 3: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Class Size Limit: 40
CEUs / CFRE HOURS
2.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
20.25 hours / 20.25 CFRE Education points
You Will Learn How To:
• Use your mission to motivate volunteers
• Develop an organizational vision for major gifts
• Organize your major gift program
• Provide and cultivate leadership for your major gifts program
• Help volunteers overcome their resistance to asking for gifts
• Respond to objections in your presentation
• Define the roles of board and staff in major gift fundraising
• Manage the 8-Step Major Gifts Process
• Use current research to guide your approach
• Forge leadership partnerships
What You’ll Receive:
• Planning outlines
• Vision statement outline
• A comprehensive, easy-to-understand Study Guide with background reading
For a detailed outline of the full three day agenda. CLICK HERE
Early Bird Rate only applies to CNPE and AFP members. Early Bird deadline ends July 4. After July 4, the member rate increases to $995.
Due to the already steep discounted rate, no CNPE scholarships will be available for this program.
This program has sold out in the past, and seating is limited, so register early to guarantee a seat and take advantage of the Early Bird Rate, if you qualify.
AFP members please contact Darlene Whitney at (502) 618-5330 or email@example.com to register.
CNPE is committed to making our events fully accessible. If you have a disability and require accommodation in order to fully participate in this event, please contact Merv Antonio at (502) 618-5328 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made as soon as possible, but at least 1 week prior to the scheduled event.Register Now