Planned Giving: Getting the Proper Start
February 26 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:30 am, repeating until February 28, 2020
Maximize your fundraising by asking for planned gifts. Learn how to communicate with donors about their wealth and their financial assets – not just their cash – and how a planned gift can provide them with current income, an inheritance for their heirs and a legacy through your charitable organization.
You’ll learn how to
• Determine if your organization is ready for a planned giving program
• Understand the benefits to donors for making planned gifts
• Recognize which planned gifts are best for certain donor situations
• Match donor needs to your nonprofit’s needs
• Understand appreciated property, deposit agreements, wills and bequests, insurance, and charitable lead trusts
What you’ll receive
• Easy-to-understand study guide as a handy reference
• IRS information
• How to start and market a new program
• Sample forms and documents that can be applied to your program
• Planned gift development bibliography
The class is three days in length.
February 26: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
February 27: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
February 28: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Click Planned Giving Agenda to view course breakdown.
Full participation in this course fulfill the education point requirements for Category 1.B-Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Planned Giving: Getting the Proper Start qualifies for 20.25 CFRE Education Points/Hours.
Due to the already heavily discounted rate for members, scholarships are not available for this event.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE: Tuition payment is due before the class begins and may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of $200.
Before registering, please review our Terms of Attendance. There, we address accessibility, an implied waiver for us to use your image in event-related photos and videos, and behavior expectations for attendees.Register Now