Pillar is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide support to people with disabilities by promoting opportunity, choice, and connection to the community. The Accountant serves the mission through close collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations to manage the day-to-day financial concerns of this non-profit agency and three associated property entities.
Organizational Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports the mission, vision, and philosophy of the agency. Facilitates and supports the implementation of policies and procedures.
2. Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others by exhibiting: individual maturity, respect for others, a team-centered approach, maintenance of confidential information, and an appreciation of a multicultural workplace.
3. Exhibits effective communication skills.
4. Participates in appropriate professional development programs to attain and maintain competency.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
NOTE: Responsibilities listed apply to five entities: Management company, Operating company and three Phases of residential projects.
1. Financial close – journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation and review
2. Accounts payable – oversight, review, and check printing; annual 1099 filing
3. Payroll second tier support to Human Resources as needed – Prepare and process biweekly payroll for all employees; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions; monitor submissions of approved timesheets; ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service.
4. Cash flow management – operating, payroll, savings, other accounts
5. Credit cards – reconcile receipts to credit card statements
6. Debit cards for residential and day programs – journal entries, reconcile receipts to bank statements
7. Client rent invoicing – consolidate billing spreadsheets from multiple residential facilities
8. Checks/cash deposits – enter on Sage, print Cash Receipts Journal
9. Fiscal year-end review and activities; assist with audit and tax return preparation
10. Assist with annual budget preparation
11. KHC Housing Phases – settle intercompany accounts with parent company
12. Manage Client Funds Account
13. Manage projects and supervise other members of the Finance Department as needed
14. Assist with special projects
Salary Range: $35,000 - $50,000
Strong analytical and organization/planning skills. Attention to detail and accuracy, self-motivated, ability to work with limited supervision, ability to multi-task, flexible in random and changing conditions, strong customer service attitude, and good written and oral communications.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or minimum of 4 years accounting experience.
• Experience with a financial software system – e.g., Sage, Peachtree, or QuickBooks
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to email a resume to email@example.com. To be considered, candidates must complete an online application at https://www.joblinkapply.com/Joblink/5809/Job/Index/305651/accountant?ShowBackButton=True&BackUrl=%252fJoblink%252f5809%252fSearch%252fResults