WaterStep is a non-profit organization headquartered in Louisville and will celebrate it’s 25th anniversary next year in 2020. WaterStep believes everyone should have access to safe water and that no one should suffer from waterborne illnesses. We believe the best solutions are rooted in training and readily available technology.
WaterStep is seeking an Accounting and Development Associate to work approx. 20 hours per week in their Old Louisville office.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Basic accounting duties
- Organize and maintain confidential donor records in Blackbaud E-Tapestry
- Generate and mail letters of gift acknowledgement
- Responsible for quarterly and year-end statements to constituents
- Key team member for special event fundraising
- Act as first impressions team member when needed (answering phones, receiving guests)
- Manage office calendar and assist with special needs for meetings, tours, etc
- Responsible for executing large mailings (approx. 3/year)
- Act as volunteer liaison when needed
- Participate in meetings, trainings and agency functions as required
- Other duties as assigned
Salary Range: < $35,000
Education and Experience
Four-year college degree and one to two years of experience with a donor database preferred. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the required knowledge and skills may be substituted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of donor database systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Quickbooks preferred
- Excellent business letter techniques
- Good spelling, punctuation and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of recordkeeping principles and procedures
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement and take initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Pleasant speaking voice and high ethical standards
- Ethically performs as a team player and is dependable
Part-time schedule, 20 hours per week. This position will work approx 9-4:30 three days per week. Responsibilities may occasionally include extended hours or weekends as needed.
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Marketing and Communications Manager