The Parklands of Floyds Fork is looking for an experienced and energetic professional to join the Parklands accounting team. The position will work closely with operational and programming team leaders, the Superintendent and the Director of Horticulture. The position will report directly to the Finance and Accounting Manager. Certain duties may include the following:
- Processing purchase orders, invoices and other documentation via Netsuite ERP
- Reviewing invoice and general ledger coding and preparation of journal entries to reclassify expenses
- Communicating all invoicing materials and instructions to purchasing managers and team leaders
- Coordinating weekly check processing and reporting
- Processing year-end 1099 statements and reconciliation
- Tracking and maintaining recurring expenses and contracts
- Setup and establish new vendor accounts for the operational purchasing team
- Monthly reconciliation of credit card accounts, ACH payments, fundraising event expenses, capital projects, educational programs and other grants.
- Other special projects and reconciliations ensuring monthly closure in a timely and accurate manner
This is an exciting position working for a start-up non-profit whose mission focuses on the betterment of the environment and our community. Our world-class park system is one of the jewels of the city and you will be working in a professional environment with people who are passionate about what they do.
Compensation – 21st Century Parks offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a matching 401k plan, health, dental, life, vision and paid parking as well as many other benefits.
Salary Range: < $35,000
- Strong business and accounting foundation
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of AP and general ledger, including reconciliations
- Clear understanding of business cycles and activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 1 – 5 years’ experience
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled. Interested candidates should submit their resume, a cover letter of interest – including expected salary, and a list of two references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounts Payable Staff Accountant Position” in the subject line. Please no phone calls. Any recommended applicants for hire must pass a background check.