The Leadership Louisville Center is the region’s leadership development hub offering programs and events designed to educate participants about community issues, strengthen leadership skills and connect participants with opportunities for civic involvement.
The Administrative Assistant/Facility Coordinator plays an important role in the operations of the Leadership Louisville Center and the successful delivery of the Center’s key programs and events. Working with the Events Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the onsite brand experience and hospitality of the Center is met. Additionally, this position will serve as administrative assistant to the President, coordinating Board of Directors correspondence, as well as providing administrative and support to all other staff as needed. This is a non-exempt position as outlined in our employee handbook.
- Provide administrative support to the President, including the coordination of communications, calendar, deadlines and special projects. Prepare internal and external documents as needed and maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Serve as main contact for all LLC Board members, manage all board related activities (including materials for board meetings, meeting and attendance records, recording all meeting minutes) and coordinate logistical arrangements for quarterly board meetings and executive committee meetings.
- Open and close Leadership Louisville Center office each day (8:00am-4:30pm). May need to arrive early and stay late as needed for meetings.
- Greet all visitors and answer main phone line, providing exceptional customer care at every opportunity.
- Open, sort, and distribute mail.
- Maintain LLC event calendar (which includes programs, events, board meetings, etc.) and be aware of staff schedules.
- Maintain and purchase all office, meeting room and kitchen supplies.
- Maintain LLC image by ensuring all areas are clean and tidy, including lobby, kitchen, refrigerators, dishwashers, coffee machines, and beverage bar. Ensure that restrooms and breakout rooms are tidy and functional. Coordinates with janitorial service deep cleaning, vacuuming and trash/recycling removal at night, as well as special cleaning needs or questions, concerns and complaints.
- Set up and breakdown meeting room when needed; including A/V set-up and beverages and snacks as requested by meeting host.
- Ensure full supply of marketing materials in the welcome area, coordinating with Marketing team on messages for Welcome screens in lobby and meeting rooms.
- Assist with database updates and contact research when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Detail-oriented self-starter who will represent the organization and executive with professionalism, quality and serves as an ambassador for LLC.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and general office equipment (e.g. fax, copier, binding machine).
- Punctual and dependable, detail-oriented with excellent organization skills. Ability to be proactive, anticipate next steps and juggle multiple tasks and priorities. Professional demeanor and dress, positive and upbeat personality and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity to diversity and multi-cultural issues.
- Works well independently but can also be productive in a cooperative team environment.
- Familiarity with Louisville’s business and civic leadership and a strong interest in community issues and the people who are leading Louisville.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred, or at least two years of experience in a similar position.
- Must have own transportation and be able to handle light lifting.
Interested candidates can apply online at: https://www.indeed.com/job/administrative-assistantfacility-coordinator-8310963707439570