Classification: Full time, exempt.
Responsible for the coordination of agency volunteer and case management operations including volunteer screening, training, supervision and recognition.
Salary Range: < $35,000
- Supervise up to 30 volunteer advocates, assisting CASA volunteers in choosing and closing specific cases.
- Actively recruit and screen prospective volunteers, participating in pre-training interviews as needed.
- Assist in the development of training programs and training materials, actually conducting the training on a rotation basis with other staff, as needed.
- Organize, facilitate and attend pre-service and in-service training for volunteers on a rotation basis with other staff as needed.
- Supervise, consult and assist CASA volunteers in the preparation of cases for court and other case work, ensuring that reports prepared by CASA volunteers are reviewed, typed, reproduced and delivered within the prescribed time to all relevant parties.
- Assure the maintenance of case files and volunteer reports, keeping this information updated on computerized database (Optima) in order to demonstrate the effectiveness of CASA as needed through database reports.
- Prepare and submit articles as needed on a timely basis for inclusion in the monthly volunteer newsletter.
- Recognize the work of CASA volunteers through the Annual Volunteer Recognition Dinner, as well as other mechanisms.
- Work with Advocacy Director to collect necessary information from volunteers regarding needs of CASA children for the holiday sponsorship program, providing gifts to those in need.
- Evaluate the work of CASA volunteers through review of adherence to Volunteer Job Description and CASA Standards.
- Work to raise awareness of CASA by explaining the program to outside organizations and community groups.
- Serve as representative of CASA to the Court, government agencies and other relevant service providers.
- Performs other functions, as assigned by the Program Director or CEO.
- Four years of college or equivalent education.
- B.A. Degree in Social Work, Communications or related human services field preferred.
- 2 years-experience in social services preferred.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Demonstrates clear and engaging written and verbal communication skills. Provides excellent service to volunteers.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to establish successful working relationships with service providers throughout the community.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Reliable transportation to Family Court, satellite offices, and home visits.
- Must pass three (3) background checks: Cabinet, State, and Federal.
- 8:30 AM - 5 PM daily.
- After-hours availability for volunteer emergencies.
- Estimated 2 evenings monthly for in-services/trainings.
CASA of the River Region offers competitive benefits including: health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending account, retirement, and time off (vacation/sick/personal days). Some benefits may begin after a probation period. Listing of benefits does not constitute a guarantee of offerings.
The position will operate out of the Shelbyville, KY office.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
CASA is an equal opportunity employer. CASA recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
How to Apply:
Apply via Indeed.com: https://www.indeed.com/job/advocacy-supervisor-e9b1b010e452e78e
Posting Ends: August 16, 2019