FULL TIME, EXEMPT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with board & staff development team to help create goals, objectives & tactics for fund development.
- Act as primary customer service representative for the organization, accepting phone calls and welcoming guests, helping them navigate the organization to find what they need.
- Act as primary communication liaison with students & families engaged in Conservatory programming.
- Act as primary volunteer recruiter for the organization, including box office & event volunteers, as well as for occasional special projects.
- Manage box office for public performances, including staffing, online ticketing management, reconciling ticket receipts & deposits, and preparing reports, as well as sharing box office duties during performances.
- Provide house management during student matinée performances, including tracking & reporting related to Cultural Pass participation.
- Manage student registration, including processing registration forms, entering data into QuickBooks & student database, administering related accounts receivable/accounts payable & deposits, as well as providing Teaching Artists with rosters & attendance sheets, and tracking/reporting student data.
- Reconcile merchant services & online deposits.
- Oversee & support Lead Camp Counselor & After-Care Supervisor during summer Conservatory programming.
- Manage merchandise/concession ordering, inventory & sales.
- Assist with planning & organization of events.
- Assist with planning & facilitation of Parent Engagement Committee.
- Help promote all programs, events, campaigns, etc. to stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Assist Business Administration with other tasks as needed.
Salary Range: < $35,000
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or a combination of education, training, and experience resulting in demonstrated competency to perform the work.
- At least two (2) years of customer service experience with proven proficiency in this area.
- Some bookkeeping experience including AR/AP, QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal & relationship-building skills with variety of people & personalities.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, & time management skills.
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems independently.
- Ability to work successfully under pressure and creatively on a tight budget.
- Ability to handle a sometimes loud, chaotic office environment & shared working spaces.
- Proactive & positive attitude in fast-paced, fluid environment. Extroverted, highly social personality preferred.
- Enjoy working around children and enthusiastically support the organization’s mission & programs.
How to Apply:
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits. Fun, casual, creative working environment. Some evening & weekend work. Occasional local travel. Frequent interaction with public & team members in person, on computers & phones. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
Commonwealth Theatre Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups encouraged to apply.
With a mission to develop youth & our community through excellence in comprehensive theatre education & performance, Commonwealth Theatre Center is home to the Walden Theatre Conservatory, one of the leading programs for youth theatre arts in the U.S., and Blue Apple Outreach, which brings innovative theatre education to schools & community partners region-wide.
Visit https://www.commonwealththeatre.org/ for more info.
Send resume & cover letter to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.