BBB is one of the 2017 Best Places to Work in Greater Louisville and now you can find out why! BBB serving Louisville, Southern Indiana, and Western Kentucky is seeking a dynamic sales professional to join its growing team as a Business Development Specialist.
The successful candidate is a top producer with strong consultative sales skills and a proven track record of success. They excel in developing sales campaigns across multiple channels. They are at ease working with owners, managers, executives, and more from a large variety of industries.
- Develop and qualify leads
- Maintain an active schedule of appointments and prospecting calls
- Manage the sales cycle from start to finish
- Generate revenue by closing new sales and renewing existing clients
- Consistently meet or exceed revenue goals
- Be part of the support system BBB provides to and for Accredited Businesses
- Maintain a high profile by regularly attending relevant events (networking, seminars, etc.)
Salary Range: $35,000 - $50,000
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- At least 2 years of B2B sales experience with documented success and a track record of growth
- An understanding of advertising (traditional and digital)
- High level of computer proficiency
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple, sometimes overlapping deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity, initiative, ambition, and drive
- Spontaneity and improvisational skills
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of proprietary and non-publicly available information
The following qualifications are desirable but not required:
- Advertising sales experience
- Some experience or familiarity with events and sponsorship
- Development or other nonprofit funding experience
Compensation includes base salary plus commissions and a full benefits package that includes:
- Excellent benefits with generous employer contribution
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- 9 paid holidays per year
The target start date is July 1, 2018.
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in joining one of the “Best Places to Work in Greater Louisville” email your cover letter and resume to Paul Blakeley at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Business Development Specialist.” No phone calls please.