As St. Joe’s Chief Advancement Officer, you’ll be responsible for the advancement of our fundraising program. The CAO oversees the entire advancement department and all committees involved in fundraising activities. In addition, you’ll plan/manage activities and projects designed for a successful completion of a campaign effort, provide administrative and managerial support to the Campaign Chair and Campaign Committee, lead staff and volunteers to foster a culture of philanthropy and fund development within the agency, and maintain accountability and compliance standards for donors and fund sources.
More specifically, the candidate chosen for this role:
- Is responsible for the management of all fundraising programs, including annual fund, major gifts, fund development, foundation and corporate relations and database management.
- Directs annual plans regarding all fundraising activities. Develops and maintains a five-year plan for the advancement department, which is updated annually.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and secures leadership gifts, particularly during a campaign. Maintains an active pool of prospects in this category.
- Plans, organizes and directs the overall aspects of the advancement program, working in cooperation with the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Trustees and key volunteer leadership.
- Ensures that reports are prepared as appropriate and submitted to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Oversees the scheduling and organization of any Campaign Committee meetings and C&D Committee meetings, including the management of committee communications.
- Assists the Chief Executive Officer and Campaign Committee in the establishment and evaluation of short and long-range goals and timelines for a campaign.
- Serves as a liaison to the Campaign Committee, campaign volunteers, and other areas of the institution regarding the organization and execution of the campaign.
- Directs the preparation of periodic campaign reports and analyzes data for use by the Chief Executive Officer, Campaign Chair and Campaign Committee for the purpose of monitoring progress and maintaining campaign momentum.
- Manages the production and flow of advancement-related information and materials to include printed materials, newsletters, social media, website, and media relations.
- Oversees the advancement budget, gift accounting, gift acknowledgement, and research and donor management processes as they relate to the campaign.
- Ensures that plans for donor recognition, campaign marketing, and advancement are strategic and implemented successfully.
- Oversees the planning and execution of special events related to the advancement program, including kickoffs, dedications, and celebrations.
- Is responsible for the overall performance management of Advancement associates. These duties include:
- Coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees;
- Planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
- Conducting training; implementing and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
Salary Range: $75,000 - $100,000
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in:
- Leading fundraising campaigns
- Special events
- Annual campaigns
- Major gift initiatives
- Planned giving
- Grant writing
- Or, an equivalent combination of experience.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the laws, regulations, and guidelines concerning resource development.
How to Apply: