A key member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer will report directly to the President/CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the Jewish Community of Louisville (JCL). The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the JCL. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, legal, investments, human resources & informational technology staff, and working collaboratively to help cultivate institutional and donor relationships.
The JCL is a unique agency, combining operational responsibility for The Jewish Community Center, development and fiscal responsibilities for the Jewish Federation, and the Jewish Foundation of Louisville. We are also at an exciting juncture, embarking on a major Capital Campaign to fund a new facility, while launching a new endowment effort.
Please visit our website at www.jewishlouisville.org for more information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FINANCIAL LEADERSHIP FOR THE JCL:
1. Provide leadership in the creation, coordination, and evaluation of the financial operations and supporting information systems of the JCL, including financial reporting, budgeting, financial planning, and internal controls.
2. Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal fiscal guidelines.
3. Oversee the approval and processing of revenues, expenditures, departmental budgets, general ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
4. Coordinate the preparation and review of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and tax returns.
5. Direct the preparation and review of the annual budgeting process for all JCL departments, including capital and financing budgets.
6. Coordinate the annual independent audit of JCL including consolidating financial statements and reviewing audited financial statements for proper disclosures.
7. Knowledge of special accounting and tax regulations relating to not-for-profit accounting.
LEAD OPERATIONAL SUPPORT FOR THE JCL:
1. Work with Executive Leadership Team on strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
2. Provide staff supervision of Finance, Human Resource, and Information Technology departments.
3. Oversee the Information Technology Systems to ensure that systems are functioning adequately and include appropriate levels of internal controls while safeguarding all critical data.
4. Oversee human resource policies and issues.
FINANCIAL LEADERSHIP AND SUPPORT FOR THE JCL BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
1. Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
2. Lead and participate on various policy-making Committees including Finance, Investment and Endowment Committees.
3. Analyze cash flows, cost controls, and expenses to guide the JCL Board of Directors and its Finance Committee.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and relationship building skills in a for profit and/or not-for-profit environment
- Experience in a senior level finance or accounting position in a for profit and/or not-for-profit environment.
- Education – Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in financial planning and financial forecasting.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, internal controls, cash management and
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and cash flow projections.
- Proficient written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Board level experience (volunteer or other) interacting with lay leadership. Ability to participate in and facilitate committee meetings.
- Self-aware, critical thinker with attention to short/mid/long-term goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate and manage at all levels of the organization staff, volunteers & donors.
- Strong problem-solving skills with sound judgment. Makes timely decisions based on accurate and relevant analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package are being offered.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should email cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org