JFCS is seeking a full-time Clinical Director. Successful candidates will have a proven record of supervisory experience and a minimum of 10 years clinical experience. Responsibilities include the management and supervision of clinical services; provision of individual, couples and family counseling; serving on the program management team; training and development of clinical staff; staff training for management of critical incidents. Experience providing trauma informed care, cognitive behavioral therapy and other evidenced-based practices, preferred. LCSW required.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $75,000
Purpose: The clinical director is responsible for the management of the clinical services and serves on the program directors team. The director provides leadership to ensure quality service provision and coordination of mental health services.
- Supervise and oversee all aspects of the clinical department. Evaluate existing contract (funder) compliance, monitoring and reporting to ensure all goals are being met.
- Hiring, supervision, evaluation, scheduling, promotion, corrective action of staff and interns within the department.
- Develop, plan and implement strategies to manage program growth to ensure sustainability. Regularly provide clinical training to clinical services staff and interns.
- Maintain working relationships with graduate schools for the recruitment of clinical interns.
- Provide individual, couples and family counseling according to individualized treatment plans and in accordance with professional standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of assessment and treatment techniques, criminal justice systems and community resources.
- Work with other members of the program management team to assure successful communication and coordination between all program areas and participate in strategic planning.
- Represent the agency on community committees as requested.
- Provide after-hours counseling and crisis intervention via telephone, as scheduled.
Supervisory Responsibility: 4 employees.
- Provide individual and group supervision to therapists and interns.
- Provide LCSW supervision as required.
- Manage concerns related to coverage, productivity, client relations and workload expectations.
- Provide crisis support to therapists and clients as needed.
Travel Requirement: Minimal to none.
Pre-Employment Requirements: Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background and drivers’ record check. Negative TB test required.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- LCSW, LMFT or equivalent license required (valid and accepted in state of Kentucky).
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree required.
- Three years previous experience in clinical supervision preferred.
- Responsible for meeting agency, grant and other funder outcomes in a timely manner.
- Attend all agency and department meetings.
- Meet reporting and departmental deadlines.
- Comply with the ethical standards established by the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Handle all Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) confidentially and follow agency mandates procedures regarding the security of client/agency information.
- Conduct self in a professional and respectful manner with coworkers and community members.
- Maintain up-to-date client case records and outcomes measurements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in providing Trauma informed care, cognitive behavioral therapy and other evidenced-based practices.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures for diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of mental health and behavioral dysfunctions.
- Ability to empathize with clients and show compassion in treatment.
- English writing comprehension and expression.
- Ability to develop constructive, professional and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain those relationships over time.
- Effectively utilize general and program-specific computer programs (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Penelope, etc.)
- Effectively operate typical office equipment (telephone, computer, fax machine, copier, mail machine, etc.)
- Sensitivity to different cultural, socio-economic and age groups.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
- Tasks involve sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching and performing other physical requirements commensurate with demands of the position, specifically conducting home visits.
- Sedentary work which involves sitting most of the time.
- Must be able to speak (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words)
- Must be able to hear (hearing aids acceptable)
- Close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal, excessive reading, and preparing and analyzing data and figures (corrective devices acceptable).
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (typical office work).
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.