Day Spring, a non-profit provider of residential and support services for adults with developmental disabilities, is seeking a Communications and Development Specialist to raise awareness and financial resources to further our mission. Our services are person-centered, and we are committed to discovering creative and innovative approaches to transforming the world for people with developmental disabilities.
The Communications and Development Specialist is responsible for developing and executing communication and marketing strategies, including special events to build awareness and financial support for Day Spring programs, as well as protect and enhance the excellent reputation and brand of Day Spring. This position also supports the Director of Development in a variety of ways including management of events. This is a full-time position.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, TB Test, Education Verification This job reports to the Development Director. This is a Full-Time position.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $45,000
• Dedication to our mission of empowering people with developmental disabilities.
• A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations or similar field of study.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
• The ideal candidate is a collaborative team member with a willingness to jump in and help wherever needed, who is detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills, has experience with technology and communications, and has excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Exceptional writing skills with an energetic style and “voice” that communicates the vibrancy of the organization.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products, InDesign and Photoshop in Adobe Creative Suite software or similar products to create a wide variety of marketing materials.
• Proactive thinker. Identifies problems and defines central issues, evaluates options, and proposes solutions, work independently while maintaining a consistent schedule.
• Must be able to operate a motor vehicle, hold a valid driver’s license.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Develop and deliver marketing materials that effectively describe and promote Day Spring and its services, including copywriting, newsletters both paper and on-line, flyers, brochures, graphics, printed collateral, advertising, direct mail, video, and promotional products.
• Analyze audiences and create messaging and competitive positioning that supports Day Spring growth and brand awareness.
• Coordinate outside vendors, including printer, and video production, to ensure deadlines are met and budgets are on target.
• Management and oversight of website content.
• Manage and grow all social media all platforms to build support for the Day Spring mission.
• Plan, organize, and implement fundraising events designed to support the achievement of annual fundraising goals.
• Oversee solicitation and coordination of sponsorships and partners in collaboration with Director of Development to achieve fundraising goals at special events.
•Bachelor's Degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations or similar field of study.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume to
Susan Ward, Director of Development at email@example.com