The Communications Director is a full-time position. The Director will be responsible for KWA’s communications planning and implementation, working will all KWA staff and our partners and volunteers. He or she will report to the Executive Director.
The Communications Director’s principal responsibilities will be to communicate mission, programs, and accomplishments via printed materials, social media, web site, and earned media press. This position is responsible for developing and implementing communication campaigns that further KWA’s mission.
He/she will develop a Communications Plan that supports and advances KWA’s Strategic Plan goals. The Strategic Plan is available at https://kwalliance.org/new-
The position will be based in KWA’s Louisville office. Weekend/evening work hours can be expected to fulfill position responsibilities.
- Strong commitment to river conservation and watershed protection.
- Prior experience in nonprofit organizations, particularly those dealing with environmental or water issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication experience:
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Organizing and reporting on relevant information for use in reports, presentations, grants, and planning documents
- Contributing to KWA’s publications, program work, web site, event promotion, and other resources
- Coordinating social media outreach
- Computer and basic IT skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Web site updates & maintenance (WordPress CMS platform)
- Publication layout & design (Adobe Creative Cloud Suite)
- Constant Contact (or comparable program experience for e-alerts and e-newsletter)
- Google Apps, Analytics, and AdWords
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including willingness and ability to work effectively as part of a team, ability to self-motivate and work independently, and ability to work closely with partner organizations to accomplish shared priorities.
- Well established ability to manage time and resources efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Willingness and availability to travel, with occasional weekend travel.
How To Apply:
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter electronically on the KWA website: www.kwalliance.org or by mail. No telephone calls please. Position is currently open and will remain open until filled.