Youth for Technology Foundation (YTF) is an international non-profit working at the intersection of technology for education and entrepreneurship. YTF develops technology inspired programming in the U.S, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda and Colombia.
Communications Lead provides strategic guidance and produces many of YTF’s public relations and digital
communications products. This position is available as a part-time contract, and can be filled as a remote position.
- High-level communications strategy: Writing and updating organization-wide strategic communications plan, providing guidance on stand-alone communications efforts.
- Partner communications: Liaison for partners during major events or program launches, writing blog posts that appropriately feature and balance YTF and partner work, customizing materials and communicating with partners
to ensure YTF is visible on their online networks.
- Website content: Post new content and make small changes to existing website. Share insights on user experience, audience acquisition, SEO best practices and other website content advice to facilitate appropriate website additions and edits.
- Blog writing and editing: Write in a variety of voices for posts on external sites and the YTF blog. Blog management includes a strong emphasis on editing incoming submissions.
- Program storytelling: Take content from the field to innovatively share the YTF story on digital channels through video, blog posts, social media. This includes both efforts throughout the year and critical touch-points such as Giving Tuesday.
- Press and public relations: Write basic press releases, manage reporter outreach and relationships, maintain press release distribution account
- 3+ years experience in non-profit digital communications; technology-related and international focus preferred
- Basic HTML and WordPress knowledge
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Some video editing and graphic design training and first-hand experience
- Social media communications and marketing experience, with a deep understanding of diversifying content for a range of social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Experience with fundraising on social channels, in particular activating Facebook’s tools for non-profits
How To Apply:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and 3 professional references who can attest to your professional experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
YTF is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status