The Library Foundation works to create a stronger Library for a stronger Louisville through community engagement, advocacy, and philanthropy. The Communications Manager will play an essential role in support of this work by developing and executing strategies for donor, volunteer, and employee communications; corporate partner recognition; media relations; public affairs; and by building the Library Foundation brand.
This position is also responsible for supporting the communication needs of the executive director and the board of directors, partnering closely with the executive team to construct a communication strategy, including an executive visibility plan. These ongoing efforts will serve to enhance the Library Foundation’s fundraising and advocacy mission in support of LFPL.
- Ensure donor and corporate sponsor recognition is executed in a timely and precise manner, with excellent attention to detail and donor intent.
- Develop messaging, news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, digital and social media content, speeches, presentations, letters, and internal communications
- Work collaboratively with LFPL Community Relations team to create and align communication strategies between LFPL and the Library Foundation
- Manage marketing firm and vendor relationships
- Assist in the development of fundraising materials including appeals, newsletters, and the annual report
- Develop and maintain a content calendar for marketing channels including the website, social media, paid media and email communications
- Help develop an executive visibility and thought leadership plan, including op-eds, speaking engagements and a LinkedIn editorial calendar
- Foster strong relationships with news media outlets
- Communicate strategies and results at board and committee meetings
Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Digital marketing experience required
- At least 3 years of communications/marketing experience preferred
- Superior strategic thinking, writing, and presentation skills required
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people within the organization and the community
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations a plus
- Experience with written executive communications desired
- Ability to be able to track and analyze communications outcomes
- The ideal candidate will be professional, entrepreneurial, decisive, and will demonstrate a sense of optimism, creativity, ownership, and commitment.
How to Apply:
This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Interested parties are asked to submit a cover letter and resume by October 23, 2020 to Chandra Gordon, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Louisville Free Public Library Foundation, a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization, was founded for the purpose of benefiting, promoting, supporting, and enhancing the programs and services of the Louisville Free Public Library. The position described above is not a Louisville Metro Government position. http://www.lfplfoundation.org