ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:
Kids Cancer Alliance, Inc. is seeking a full-time Community Engagement Coordinator to assist in strengthening the organization’s outreach to the community, its clients, and its volunteers. Position will include creating and implementing marketing strategies through technology and contact with the community. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team member who is detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills, has experience with technology and communications, and has excellent interpersonal communication skills.
The primary focus of the position will be to provide fluid communication strategies between the organization and its client families, volunteers, and supporters, as well as help foster growth of the organization through new contacts and expanded outreach throughout Kentucky.
The ideal candidate demonstrates:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to compose newsletter articles, flyers, & press releases. This requirement assumes proficiency in the use of appropriate computer software.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in the use of multiple social media platforms.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Experience using a computer and appropriate software.
- Leadership ability and ability to function as a team member.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Experience in community relations is preferred.
- Basic HTML and WordPress knowledge is preferred.
- Basic graphic design skills is preferred.
- Photography/Videography experience is a plus.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for developing and initiating communication strategies for the organization. This position will work in tandem with other Kids Cancer Alliance team members and committees to ensure effective communication between the organization and its clients, supporters, and the community; as well as spread awareness of the organization’s mission.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $45,000
- Development and implementation of annual marketing/communication strategies.
- Implementation and coordination of organization’s volunteer recruitment efforts, working alongside other team members to coordinate and engage volunteers.
- Marketing duties to include social media platform management and creation of flyers, newsletters, press releases, and additional external communications.
- Website content: post new content and make changes to organization’s website. Share insights on user experience, audience acquisition, best practices, and advice.
- Program storytelling: take content from the field to innovatively share Kids Cancer Alliance’s story on digital channels through video, blog posts, photography and social media.
- Help spread awareness of Kids Cancer Alliance’s mission through community outreach endeavors.
- Represent Kids Cancer Alliance at speaking engagements and community events.
- Support Kids Cancer Alliance programs, events, and fundraising efforts as needed.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned.
- The work schedule for this position can typically include some evening and weekend hours and will involve some travel within the region.
The annual salary range for this position is based upon experience. Kids Cancer Alliance, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume, and a minimum of two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “CEC Job Posting” in the subject line.
DEADLINE to apply is February 28, 2020.
Beginning with our first oncology camp in 1981, thousands of brave and amazing kids have found a reprieve from fighting cancer and a powerful alliance of support at Kids Cancer Alliance.
Over the years, we've expanded and created new programs to meet the needs of the families we serve. We provide sibling and family programs, in-hospital and financial support, quarterly events, and more. And, thanks to our donors and volunteers, it's all still absolutely free for everyone.
All of our programs are designed to achieve our mission of enhancing the quality of life for children with cancer and their families. Kids Cancer Alliance, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Kids Cancer Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer