Big Brothers Big Sisters is recruiting for a Community Engagement Director position, a leadership career opportunity that supports the Big Brothers Big Sisters Fund Development Team. The ideal candidate will be ambitious and goal-oriented with previous experience supervising staff, strong and proven success in fundraising and community outreach, and the ability to provide consistent growth in revenue via effective relationship-building and partnership development. This role requires a high level of professionalism, communication skills, enthusiasm and adaptability.
The Community Engagement Director is responsible for managing and overseeing fundraising, annual giving, partnership cultivation/stewardship and volunteer engagement by providing leadership and supervision to our team of Community Engagement Managers. The Community Engagement Director maintains a portfolio of partnership/individual prospects to cultivate and steward, which result in driving revenue opportunities via corporate sponsorships, individual giving, grants and third party events. The Community Engagement Director leads the Links for Littles Golf Classic event committee and works directly with the Special Events Coordinator to effectively execute this annual fundraising event, along with the Arby’s Community Fundraiser; together these endeavors raise $120,000+ for the agency.
- Team Management: Recruit, hire, train and manage (for performance and retention): Four Community Engagement Managers with specific territorial coverage (Hardin/Grayson, Oldham/Shelby, Harrison, Clark/Floyd and Main Office), according to agency protocols and fundraising and marketing professional standards.
- Fundraising Events: Assist with leads, help develop and implement a comprehensive and tactical plan for special event fundraising for Bowl for Kids’ Sake and other events, and fund development strategies, in conjunction with CDO and committees. Provide leadership on special events in the counties. Manage and oversee annual Links for Littles Golf Classic and related event committee, along with Arby’s Community Fundraiser.
- Volunteer Engagement: Provide leadership and coaching on volunteer engagement and recruitment strategies agency-wide, insuring inquiry goals are met and best practices are shared across counties.
- Individual Giving: Provide leadership on individual giving tactics to employ in the counties, including identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual prospects for annual giving and monthly giving opportunities; maintain a portfolio of donors and goals connected to increasing monthly engaged giving program
- Donor Engagement: Develop donor recognition timelines, policies and office attitude regarding stewardship; support agency culture tied to annual Fund Development Plan
- Stewardship: In partnership with the CDO, develop and implement a tactical plan for stewarding existing and new relationships with donors (individuals, foundations, and companies), provide leadership to the counties, and ensure best practices are shared.
- Prospect Research: Utilize all available resources for effective identification of corporate, public and private companies and individuals with potential for resources (funding / volunteers).
- Use websites and all other reference tools to research and evaluate prospects while keeping detailed records (both hard copy and in donor database).
- Provide support, direction and motivation to volunteers, committees, Advisory Councils, Board of Directors and staff as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with the CEO, CDO, CPO, Finance & Administration Director, and program directors to ensure BBBS program effectiveness and efficient development and utilization of resources.
- Support Bowl For Kids’ Sake, Metro United Way, and other agency fundraising initiatives as necessary to maintain the growth of the agency.
- Position requires Bachelor’s, plus 3-5 years successful experience in Fund Development and Volunteer Engagement Management; sales/marketing experience preferred; proven track record of leadership and supervision of teams required.
How To Apply:
Scroll down and click link: CLICK HERE FOR CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES