ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the Direction of the Executive Director, the Community Outreach and Engagement Coordinator will connect people with Parkinson’s and their care partners and families with the Parkinson Support Center. He or she will promote the mission of the center with the local community. The outreach and engagement coordinator will help organize programs to bring awareness and engagement with strategic community partners. Program and projects that will get the community excited about and invested in the Parkinson Support Center of Kentuckiana.
- Exercise, Education and Support Groups: Promote and coordinate facilitation of education and exercise programs for members of the Parkinson’s Disease community.
- Public Speaking: Provide Parkinson’s Disease 101 talks to constituent and donor prospects.
- Symposium: Coordinate logistics for annual Living Well with Parkinson’s Symposium to include presenter and exhibitor solicitation.
- Support Services: Willingness to learn of and to provide resource direction to the Parkinson’s community. This position will also help secure financial support for the Center’s programs and projects to help ensure the organization meets its annual goals.
- Assist in the implementation of a variety of development projects related to the organization’s mission.
- Create strategic community partnerships to generate a high level of community awareness that could garner financial support and donors for the organization’s mission.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Interest in mission and community engagement
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Must also possess exceptional written, verbal, organization and process improvement skills.
- Must possess ability to work in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of fund development software desired.
- Mission program experience preferred.