The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and pathways to success for children and adults who are blind or visually impaired, is seeking a Conference Support Coordinator to handle logistics, planning, and execution of our annual conference exhibit plan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage inventory of APH exhibit and conference materials including ordering new products as needed. Review inventory periodically and ensure any products no longer being used are purged/disposed of appropriately. Ensure all display materials are in good condition and working properly. Make recommendations for when new display materials should be ordered or replaced.
- Maintain the database of all products, giveaways, and display materials used in conference exhibits.
- Maintain APH conference planning documents and update as needed. Provide updates on conference participation for APH reports/communications, including APH News, Board reports, GCA legislator packet.
- Process forms and registrations for conference exhibits and attendance. Manage logistics for special conference events. Be aware of venue rules and regulations for exhibit setup and teardown and ensure all exhibits follow these guidelines.
- Coordinate with APH Shipping Department for outbound and inbound shipments. Pack, schedule and track shipment of products and marketing materials for conferences and exhibits. Unpack return shipments, inspect and return to inventory.
- Coordinate conference sponsorships and advertisements, arrange for payment, and manage a calendar of deadlines for submission of ads and other sponsorship materials.
- Work with Exhibit and Training Specialist on conference booth staffing schedules. Participate in conference training sessions for staff members.
- Provide onsite conference support for key events as needed.
- Order brochures (print, braille, and digital) as needed. Load flash drives with accessible PDF files. Submit requests for conference brochure websites to be updated and/or created.
- Coordinate wearable orders for conference attendees. Maintain inventory of conference wearables and provide recommendations for reordering.
- Complete data entry of all sales leads from exhibit booths.
- Support the Customer Service team with shipping of orders for APH Catalogs, Braille Bug Kits, the Health Ed Guide freebies and other marketing/promotional materials.
Salary Range: < $35,000
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
- College degree preferred. Demonstrated and proven experience may be substituted.
- Minimum of 2-3 years proven experience in logistics, administrative support, and/or order fulfillment. Project management experience a plus.
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Word and Excel. Experience with Microsoft Access a plus.
- Ability to work independently. Exemplary organization, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize daily workload.
- High level verbal and excellent written communications skills.
- Must be motivated, a problem-solver, and have the ability to work through tasks independently.
- Ability to lift and move boxes of products and materials (up to 40 lbs).
How to Apply: