The Construction Manager oversees all phases of mixed-use construction projects, including coordinating employees, architects, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed and quality work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Minimizes exposure and risk by implementing audits safety standards and quality assurance controls.
- Coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of multiple projects.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervises general contractors and sub-contractors, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and monies allocated.
- Reports to CEO, meets with and is responsible for preparing information for commercial development committee (comprised of board members and community citizens) about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated. Plans, implements, tracks and closeout / turnover of construction projects. Conducts project meetings.
- Manages day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple construction projects in a supervisory role
- Manages day-to-day client interactions and expectations, directly or in a supervisory role.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, and project costs.
- Manages to and achieves revenue goals set for projects.
- Generates and issues regular internal and external project reporting through company software (Smartsheet or comparable software).
- Proactively identifies changes in project scope and ensures appropriate measures are taken.
- Projects changes in scope and revenue.
- Administers submittal review process between subcontractors/suppliers and design team.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $100,000
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong negotiating skills
· Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Smartsheet, or Microsoft Project
· Dispute Resolution
· Financial and Job Cost Accounting Knowledge
· Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people efficiently
Project Engineer (consultant) , Project Assistant, Estimator (Staff/consultant) ·Must be able to perform at all project management levels
Training / Employee Development Responsibilities:
Professional development of directly supervised employees to ensure their growth within the project management ·Continuing Education to expand knowledge
Base Working Conditions:
Work in an office and field environment
· Must be able to lift 25 pounds
· Must be able to sustain posture in a seated position for prolong periods
· Will be required to meet project deadlines
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other business machines, must have reliable transportation.
Who We Are:
OneWest is a nonprofit organization specializing in economic development and neighborhood revitalization in Louisville’s West End. Our objectives include Commercial/Mixed Use Development, Capacity Building, Advocacy, and On-Going Community Engagement.
Reports to: CEO
Type: Full-time – Experienced Start date: Immediate
Location: 2028 W. Broadway, Louisville, KY 40203 Phone: (502) 907-5147
Coordinate and manage construction projects, including working collaboratively with staff to assure projects meet deadlines • Take on tasks to support the work of One West’s projects, programs and operations and overall mission • Work as a member of the team, willingly providing back‐up support for co‐workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
Utilize analytical skills and a demonstrates broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret and anticipate needs • Exhibit sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the • absence of direction, works effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance • Demonstrate flexibility in the face of change • Project a positive demeanor regardless of changes in working conditions • Produce well thought‐out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors • Interact professionally with stakeholders and associates at all times • Promptly respond to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor • Demonstrate an awareness of fundamental business principles of One West, as well as an understanding of the overall industry in which the business operates • Display proficiency using standard office equipment such as a computer, fax, photocopier, scanner, etc. • Demonstrate advanced proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills; have good working knowledge of project management software systems.
Summary of Qualifications:
Have proven organization and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast-paced setting with excellent attention to detail and the belief that no task is too big or too small • Superb communication skills (oral and written) with a confident, concise, clear and compelling style • Produce well thought‐out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors • Proficient in all MS Office applications including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint • Excellent relationship builder; able to demonstrate a high level of tact, discretion, and diplomacy with all internal and external stakeholders. Must also demonstrate ability to maintain confidential/sensitive information. • Skilled in all aspects of planning and project management/Able to take an idea from concept to completion. • Resourceful, strategic problem-solving ability with a fun, positive “can do” attitude•
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirement to CEO, Evon J. Smith at Esmith@onewest.org
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive but based on budget size and resources. It also depends on prior experience. Benefits include major medical, dental, vision, retirement plan. One West is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. One West is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For details, please visit our website at www.OneWest.org.