The Corporate Relationship Manager will develop and execute a plan to increase income to the Library Foundation, including developing and attaining annual fundraising goals, through relationship management within a portfolio of small and large businesses and corporations. Relationship management will include educating prospects about the support resources the Louisville Free Public Library provides for local businesses. The position performs managerial, sales, public relations, analytical, and coordination tasks. The ideal candidate will be professional, entrepreneurial, and decisive, and will demonstrate a sense of optimism, creativity, ownership, and commitment to the mission of the Library Foundation and the Louisville Free Public Library.
• Identify prospects within the business community.
• Develop and implement a year-round strategic relationship program that encourages businesses to give and volunteer through the Library Champions program and sponsorships.
• Develop a packet of Library Champion and sponsorship benefits; manage delivery of them.
• Develop and refine presentations about Library resources that will educate, motivate, and inspire business leaders to support the Library and the Foundation.
• When funding is secured, create and conduct stewardship programs; serve as the primary point of contact for business donors.
• Track donations, sponsorships, memberships, and renewals.
• Stay abreast of relevant resources and programs provided by the Library.
• Meet regularly with supervisor to review account status and work activity.
• Use Bloomerang and other information to support data-informed decision making, analyze donor information for trends, gaps, and opportunities for revenue growth and develop work plans that maximize potential for giving.
• Assist the Executive Director in preparation for board and committee meetings, including reporting of fundraising results.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $75,000
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Experience in donor databases preferred.
• Knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills.
• 3+ years of fundraising, sales, or business relations experience (or a combination of all) is required.
• Proven track record of securing gifts and sponsorship commitments.
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate new relationships with funders.
• The ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people within the organization and the community.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to conduct research and obtain necessary information.
• Knowledge of sales, marketing, and public relations methods and techniques.
• Ability to develop sales/fundraising plans.
• Must be able to work remotely with efficiency and effectiveness.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Results Orientation: Is outcome oriented in decisions and actions; thinks in terms of “what can I accomplish for the Library Foundation?”
Strategic Thinking: Uses knowledge of the industry to leverage Foundation and Library strengths; seeks out new channels and venues to deliver the Foundation and Library message.
Adaptability: Anticipates changing circumstances and acts proactively to prevent crises; responds in an open-minded, constructive, and focused way.
Communication: Demonstrates effective verbal and written skills; uses various styles to get ideas across; confirms what is said to ensure mutual understanding.
Self/Staff Development: Actively participates in learning and development opportunities; seeks out opportunities not only to become more proficient in her/his role, but to gain more knowledge of the Foundation and the Library.
Accountability/Brand Stewardship: Takes responsibility for the use and protection of all resources in her/his control; ensures use of resources that aligns with the mission of the Library Foundation and donor expectations.
How to Apply:
This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Salary range is $50,000 to $55,000 annually, with an excellent benefits package.
Interested parties are asked to submit a cover letter and resume by March 29, 2019, to Chandra Gordon, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Louisville Free Public Library Foundation, a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization, was founded for the purpose of benefiting, promoting, supporting, and enhancing the programs and services of the Louisville Free Public Library. The position described above is not a Louisville Metro Government position. http://www.lfplfoundation.org