The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), a world leader in creating learning solutions and products for children and adults who are blind or visually impaired, is seeking a customer service specialist to meet the needs of our customers on their pathway to success. Reporting directly to the Director of Customer Experience, the Customer Service Specialist will support the Customer Service team by answering calls and email, handling customer inquiries, order entry, return authorizations and setting up customer accounts.
Note: This position is intended to provide support for our US west coast customers. The regular work hours for this position will be Monday – Friday from 12pm to 8pm EST.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle customer inquiries by phone, email, and paper mail regarding product questions and sales orders.
- Enter hard copy and phone orders. Process payments and provide price quotes.
- Assist customers with merchandise returns and reconciliation of issues.
- Research customer issues and contribute to Customer Service knowledge base.
- Commit to communicate with all APH customers following the standards of accessibility.
- Continually learn about the APH product line and improve professional skills.
- Represent the APH brand positively in all customer interactions.
Salary Range: < $35,000
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a customer service role within a call center environment is preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, communication and organizational skills necessary.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize work as needed.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not necessary.
- Intermediate in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of the field of blindness and visual impairment preferred.
- Ability to empathize with contacts of a wide variety of ages, and situations is essential.
- Ability to work independently in support of the department.
How to Apply: