The Database Administrator is responsible for oversight of data management for Kosair Charities Committee. This position will serve as primary administrator of all databases including, but not limited to, Raiser’s Edge NXT, Financial Edge NXT, and Online Express. The Database Administrator is responsible for database maintenance, data integrity, system performance and security. This position will work closely with each business unit and manage relationships with vendors to maximize the effectiveness of software applications.
- Serve as primary database expert for Kosair Charities, in support of needs related to fundraising/relationship management, finance/accounting and events/communications
- Manage databases including maintenance, user accounts, data appends, system updates, data clean-up projects, etc.
- Manage and monitor, in collaboration with appropriate staff, the online grant application software
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for gift and non-gift data entry and reporting and ensure all entries and reports conform to these procedures
- Work with all staff to ensure timely and accurate workflow of information into the database
- Create accounts for all users and assign security levels
- Streamline routine processes to ensure the needs of all units are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop and maintain structure of constituent codes, attributes, funds, etc. Train users where applicable.
- Works with CFO to ensure all development processes comply with established policies and procedures
- Coordinate with Outreach the proper event and communication database documentation
- Act as primary point of contact for our software vendor(s); coordinate software updates and new tool implementation
- Supervise gift entry staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Committed to handling confidential information with tact and discretion
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission of Kosair Charities
Salary Range: $50,000 - $75,000
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three years Database Administrator experience
- Excellent communication skills with non-technical peers
- Expert knowledge of Raiser’s Edge products, preferably RENXT, FENXT, and/or Online Express
- Familiarity with cloud-based systems and maintenance
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and resourceful with the ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing
- Personal and professional integrity
How to Apply:
Contact Sr. Vice President for Development & Impact Giving, Allison Samblanet, email@example.com or 502-637-7696, extension 211.