The Kentucky Resources Council (KRC) combines smart policy and legal advocacy to protect the Commonwealth’s natural resources and ensure environmental justice for Kentucky’s most vulnerable people and communities.
Since 1984, KRC has worked to ensure that individuals impacted by environmental decisions have a voice in the policymaking process.
Position: Development Assistant for Major Gifts
Description: KRC seeks a dynamic, responsible individual to assist the Director with cultivation, solicitations, and stewardship of major gift fundraising from individuals and family foundations. Major Gift development is a new development focus for KRC, and this individual will have the opportunity to work alongside the Director to shape the program. This position is an excellent opportunity to communicate the importance of environmental justice and environmental health for all Kentuckians while working for a well-known community-based nonprofit organization.
Hours: 15 hours/week
Location: Must reside in Kentucky. Presence required at promotional events (which may be held in various parts of the state), events (which may be held in various parts of the state), staff and board meetings, and donor meetings. Administrative work can be completed remotely.
Salary Range: < $35,000
Appointment Coordination and Donor Communication (approximately 70%)
- Maintain the Major Gifts Development calendar.
- Coordinate and attend major gift appointments for the Director and/or the Development Assistant for Major Gifts for the purpose of communicating with members and cultivating major gifts.
- Compile materials for major gift meetings and presentations that assist with the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts.
- Conduct follow up with donors following major gift meetings and presentations, providing donors with appropriate communication and information about the work of KRC.
Small Event and Project Coordination (20%)
- Collaborate with staff ongoing and new ideas, directions, and venues for major gifts initiatives (e.g. house parties, Endow Kentucky tax credit communication pieces)
Administrative (approximately 5%)
- Work in partnership with and under the direction of the Office Manager to ensure the proper stewardship of major gifts.
- Participate in staff, committees, and other key meetings.
Other Tasks (approximately 5%)
- Attend and plan, when appropriate, events for the promotion of KRC.
- Assist with promotional pieces for events, appeals, outreach, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Enthusiasm for KRC’s mission and goals.
- Commitment to a clean and healthy Kentucky.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability, enthusiasm, and respect for working with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press, community, staff, and KRC members.
- Computer literacy (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel, virtual meeting software, etc.)
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving and skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter in developing and carrying out activities, to take initiative and work independently, as well as in a team.
- Higher education degree (Associate Degree, Bachelor Degree etc.)
- At least one year of related or transferrable work experience, preferably in development or nonprofit environment.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Amy Carpenter, Office Manager, at email@example.com.
Kentucky Resources Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law