FUNCTION: Responsible for assisting the Development Coordinator in planning, implementing and coordinating development plans and strategies to include date base, social media, marketing, grant writing and direct mail. All development efforts represent and communicate the values and mission of the organization to the donors and the public.
HOURS: Part time position with potential for full time employment
- Support and assist the Development Coordinator in all development efforts.
- Respond to donors with thank you acknowledgements and face to face contact for relationship building.
- Keep donor date base records accurate and up to date and required paper files current.
- Follow guidelines for grants by keeping records as required.
- Assist with annual Fall event and other development opportunities.
- Aid with publications, annual report, newsletters and any special appeals.
- Research grant opportunities and fulfill grant reporting as requested.
- Support the research and implementation of new trends in development and fund raising to keep organization current.
- Coordinate, develop and implement social media communications to attract donors and keep current ones engaged.
- Develop a streamline way for online giving opportunities.
Position provides the opportunity for learning in a supportive environment and with a successful mentor, involvement in development planning, and the potential for advancement.
Salary Range: Hourly
- BA in related field or 1-3 years’ experience.
- Have an understanding and enthusiasm for the values and mission of community ministry.
- Is conscious of appearances while representing the organization.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to approach people in a manner of welcoming spirit.
- Excellent computer skills and a willingness to learn to use our donor data base.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Flexible to attend occasional evening or weekend functions.
How to Apply:
For application information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.