- The Development & Communications Assistant is an integral member of the Development Department’s work to advance the agency’s mission via soliciting and securing monetary and material gifts, promoting Wellspring throughout the community and increasing awareness of mental illness. The scope of work includes:
- Assisting with timely generation of donor thank you letters; enter donations into Donor Perfect in a timely and totally accurate manner.
- Assist in planning and executing the agency annual fundraiser – The Derby Preview Party (DPP) – including:
- Implementing and managing the plan for procuring silent auction items.
- Evaluation of profitability of previous events’ auction items and recommending emphasis for 2018 procurement activities.
- Assisting in developing social media posts; developing and submitting information about the event
to print, electronic and other media outlets.
- Assist with set-up of the event on April 23, 2018, provide support at the event on April 24, 2018 and help with event close-out activities beginning on April 25th through the middle of May, if need be.
- Assist with donation solicitation campaigns, gift management, and donor recognition/appreciation activities.
- Assist in growing social media outreach and content development.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Of prime importance is the ability to communicate in a professional manner with donors, prospective donors, board members, staff members, volunteers and vendors. The ability to function as part of a team and to sustain collaborative group efforts is essential, as is a genuine commitment to the mission of Wellspring.
- Work with the Development & Communications Department Staff to ensure that all internal and external written materials reflect and support Wellspring’s standards, values and goals, and that all content is accurately written and presented.
- Work closely with agency staff and volunteers to support the event by making sure that appropriate materials are available and that logistical support is provided.
- Work with Development & Communications Department Staff to develop templates of donation thank you and acknowledgement letters for all types of donations; vary templates to generate individualized thank you letters according to relationships, level of giving, etc.
- Work Experience & Personal Skill Requirements:
- Possess good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and present a polished, professional image.
- Must have drivers license and vehicle available in order to pick up/deliver materials, donations, etc.
- Computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: experience with Donor Perfect fundraising software would be very helpful. Strong skills in social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) are needed.
- Must be able to lift/transport items (up to 25 lbs.) as needed for events, meetings and
work site use.
Compensation, Work Schedule, etc.:
This is a temporary/part-time position, at least for the time being. Timeframe is planned for December through mid-May. Rate of pay will be $15/hour; 12-15 hours (on average) per week, flexibility can be accommodated.
How To Apply:
If interested, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org