Position Title: Development Coordinator
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Development
FLSA Classification: Part-time/Non-Exempt
Commemorating its 25th year, House of Ruth is a nonprofit services organization with a mission of housing and support services for people with HIV/AIDS and their families who are homeless, at risk of losing their homes, or need financial help. We do this through a continuum of services: emergency shelter, short and long-term housing, mental health counseling, substance abuse treatment, advocacy for clients, and basic needs assistance to provide food, clothes, rent, utilities, public transportation, and back-to-school support.
Ours is a culture that values professionalism and integrity, along with an unwavering commitment to House of Ruth’s mission. The successful candidate is a hands-on problem solver who takes the job duties very seriously but is able to find humor in the day-to-day, sometimes unpredictable occurrences of a nonprofit that provides direct services to an underserved client population.
The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Development to support the annual fund campaign and prepare various communications pieces that are part of the campaign. These include newsletters (print and electronic), Facebook posts, web page updates, e-blasts, and direct mail solicitations. The position will function as the focal point for data entry and management of the donor tracking database. This position also assists with special events, including Dining Out for Life, our signature fundraiser, and will coordinate client events. Additionally, this position will oversee the volunteer program.
- Organize and oversee donor mailings and serve as liaison with printers and mail service providers
- Assist with management of electronic communications platforms, including social media and the agency web page
- Responsible for stewardship of incoming gifts including timely mail processing; timely data entry of gifts; production and mailing gift acknowledgements
- Maintain donor database, track donor gifts, and provide timely reports as needed
- Recruit, train, and organize individual volunteers and volunteer groups for one-time projects and ongoing programs
- Work closely with Director of Development to plan, coordinate, and support fundraising efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One year experience in development, communications, or volunteer management in a nonprofit setting
- Quality writing ability and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work with little supervision and in cooperation with a variety of staff members
- Strong computer skills including database management and Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Publisher
- Ability to deal with staff, clients, and volunteers in a professional manner and maintain confidential information
- Physical exertion requirements other than routine, e.g., off- and on-loading, carrying, lifting, or other movements related to the job duties, will be undertaken with the advice of the supervisor.
To Apply: Email your resume to Katrina Hutchins at email@example.com. Thank you for not calling about the status of your application.