Supports all agency’s fundraising efforts led by the Director of Development. The VISTA will be responsible for planning, coordinating and supporting CASA’s fundraising events. The proceeds support the recruitment, training and pairing of volunteers with abused/neglected children in Family Court. In addition, the VISTA will assist the Director of Development with other educational awareness and community outreach projects to increase the number of vulnerable children served.
- Adheres to CASA policies and procedures in a professional and ethical manner
- Works as a team member to further the mission of CASA and the efficient operation of the Agency Office.
- Supports arrangements of event while following all company and safety standards.
- Communicates any problems that arise in a direct manner.
- Maintains communication with any outside vendors contracted for the event.
- Welcomes all guests and address all needs.
- Prepares and executes a detailed outline of the event needs.
- Arranges meeting space, lodging for guests, food and drink, music, visuals and any other event needs.
- Breaks down and cleans up the event space once the event has drawn to a close.
- Assists with day-to-day office functions, as needed.
Salary Range: < $35,000
This position will be filled by an AmeriCorps VISTA member. To qualify for AmeriCorps VISTA, you must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident, be team-oriented, and be willing to take on a wide range of challenges. Once chosen for this position, if not already a VISTA member, you must go through the necessary paperwork to become a VISTA member. For more information, please visit: http://www.americorps.gov/for_individuals/choose/vista.asp/.
- B.A. Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or experience equivalent
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook. Donor database experience and ability to learn software.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates clear and engaging written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse network of individuals and organizations.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize a large volume of tasks.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Great customer services skills.
- Must be able to work under stress and in fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work under conditions, which require sitting, standing, walking, reaching, bending and stooping.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends.
- Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with a disability, as necessary.
The VISTA - Development Coordinator reports to the Director of Development.
Must be an Americorps VISTA
Living Allowance: Receive a modest bi-weekly living allowance to cover basic expenses.
· End of Service Award: Choose between a Segal Education Award ($5,920) to pay for a range of education expenses or a cash stipend ($1,800).
· Healthcare Benefit: Enroll in either reimbursement for healthcare or a healthcare plan. Dental and vision are also included, as are telehealth services.
· Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE): NCE is a unique hiring path which makes it easier for federal agencies to hire you.
· Professional Development Training: Attend in-person and virtual professional development opportunities throughout the year.
· Child Care: You may be eligible to receive up to $400/month for child care if you have children under the age of 13.
· For more benefits visit: VISTACampus.gov/inservice/benefits-service
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13.