We are seeking a suitable qualified and experienced Development Director who is dedicated within the non-profit field. You will assist the Executive Director and Programs and Operations Manager to execute the fundraising and communication goals of the organization. The Development Director will communicate Barren Heights’ impact to a wide variety of audiences via written word / video (website, social media, brochure, newsletter) as well as being efficient in managing the fundraising database, writing grants, mailings, and special events. They will work with the ED to develop and implement a strategic plan to raise vital funds for the organization in a cost effective and time efficient manner. The Development Director is responsible for donor acquisition, engagement, and retention.
Development and Fundraising Management (55%)
Marketing and Communications Management (25%)
Special Events Management (20%)
Development and Fundraising:
- Manage and maintain donor database to include donor information, donations, and donor acknowledgements.
- Utilize Salesforce database to pull reports, capture data, impact and donor records.
- Manage online giving databases (i.e. GuideStar, Good Giving).
- Work with ED to create and execute strategic fundraising plan.
- Identify prospective individuals/corporate donors and cultivate those relationships.
- Maintain ongoing booster engagement plan and communications with monthly donors.
- Ensure timely, accurate report deliveries to donors.
- Develop and/or collaborate with graphic designers to create marketing materials related to fundraising and special events.
- Research, identify, and write grant on an ongoing basis.
- Network with churches, business, and other nonprofits to create mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Work in partnership with web host to ensure appropriate website functionality and content updates.
- Work with the Barren Heights team to help design and publish basic marketing pieces such as annual report, program brochures, and quarterly newsletters.
- Oversee the annual video creation and development.
- Provide administrative support for special events including data management, mailings, marketing, and other communication initiatives.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to improve Barren Heights’ fundraising auction with a focus on sponsorship, ticketing, printed materials, and mobile bidding management.
- Coordinate communication efforts for special events via newspaper and radio ads as well as online opportunities.
- Manage fundraising events such as Spring Campaign, Give for Good, and Giving Tuesday, as well as develop new events to support our revenue budget requirements.
- Oversee special donor related events such as booster events and the annual gala.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $45,000
- Accept, promote, and support the mission, service standards, goals, and objectives of Barren Heights.
- Agree and accept 100% of beliefs in statement of faith.
- Possess professional expertise and influence needed by Barren Heights.
- Be able and willing to serve effectively as a public representative of the organization and involve others in the work of Barren Heights.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years of work experience in Marketing and Development or a related field preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Database management experience (Salesforce preferred)
- Grant writing experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail while managing multiple tasks
- Ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods and approaches
- Excellent ‘people person’ with the ability to build relationships among staff, guest, volunteers, and donors
- Graphic design, video, or web experience is a plus
- Evidence of commitment to missions of the nonprofit sector
How to Apply:
Apply for the position here.