The Parklands seeks a highly organized individual passionate about parks, the outdoors, and about building a community that voluntarily supports this donor and visitor supported asset through financial contributions of all sizes. The Development Manager will be an integral part of the development team reporting to the Director of Development and External Relations and will play a key role in overseeing the overall success of three major fundraising events, foundation grant application and reporting, and the recruitment and stewardship of donors needed in order to maintain The Parklands of Floyds Fork.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and renew a portfolio of annual fund donors
- Support the planning and execution of three major fundraising events annually
- Oversee all Commemoratives within The Parklands
- Oversee Annual Grants Program: Applications and Reporting
- Work with various Parklands committees including the Development Committee of the Board of Directors
- Attend solicitation calls with foundations and corporations
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development & External Relations
About the Parklands of Floyds Fork:
The Parklands is a systemic, world-class addition to Louisville’s park system that includes four major parks linked by a park drive, a first-rate urban trail system, and a remarkable water trail, all tracing Floyds Fork, a classic Kentucky stream. The Parklands of Floyds Fork, a 501(c)3 established in 2004, is responsible for fundraising, land acquisition, construction, operations and maintenance of the parks system This public/private project is unique in the region and unlike anything currently in development across the country—truly a city-shaping model. This is the largest fully-funded non-profit park system in the nation.
This position is based in The Parklands of Floyds Fork’s downtown office, at 471 W. Main St., Louisville, KY.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package including health/dental insurance, a 401k matching program, two weeks paid vacation, five sick days per year, and a fun and energetic work environment.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $45,000
Experience / Qualifications:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of three years' professional experience – preferably in a nonprofit.
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative, customer-service attitude.
- Experience in event execution.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Fundraising database / CRM software experience – Raisers Edge preferred.
- Proven experience in time management and an ability to prioritize competing deadlines.
- Experience working independently to achieve individual and team goals; be a self-starter.
- Seek opportunities to problem solve and propose creative solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and attitude at all times.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as related to special events.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled. Interested candidates should submit their resume, a cover letter of interest – including expected salary, and a list of two references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager Position” in the subject line. Please no phone calls. Any recommended applicants for hire must pass a background check.