The Development Manager plays an integral role in the success of Louisville Ballet by participating in all fundraising activities, representing Louisville Ballet in the community and achieving fundraising goals for activities and programs. Working closely with the Director of Development, the Development Manager will assume a portfolio of annual fund donors, project management of two major fundraising events, and oversight of foundation grant applications and reporting. The preferred candidate will possess strong written and verbal skills; a passion for the arts; a patron-centered attitude and a desire to advance his/her career in philanthropy.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and renew a portfolio of 100 base annual fund donors via personal, digital, direct mail, event and in-person activities.
- Oversee Annual Foundation Grants Program: Applications and Reporting
- Support the planning and execution of two major fundraising events annually
- Partner with the Director of Development to manage a portfolio of current and prospective corporate sponsors
- Assist in the implementation of employee engagement programming
- Partner with the Development Coordinator to manage a department timeline
- Oversee electronic giving and other fundraising drives
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
The Development Manager must possess:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of three years' professional experience – preferably in a nonprofit.
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative, customer-service attitude.
- Experience in project management and event execution.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Fundraising database / CRM software experience – eTapestry and Tessitura preferred.
- Proven experience in time management and an ability to prioritize competing deadlines.
- Experience working independently to achieve individual and team goals; be a self starter.
- Seek opportunities to problem solve and propose creative solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and a patron-centered attitude at all times.
The Development Manager must be willing to work evening and weekend hours as related to the performance and special events schedule.
How to Apply:
Please send the following materials to Kate Bonner, Director of Development at email@example.com:
• Cover letter
• Two (2) professional references