Mattingly Edge is a local nonprofit that cultivates partnerships with people with disabilities to thrive a work, at home, and in relationships. Our mission is based on the belief that people with disabilities have the right to the same privileges and responsibilities as other citizens. We know that communities are better when everyone is included.
We are not your average human service provider and we are not looking for your average human service worker.
How we’re different:
We don’t operate day services or specialized programs for individuals with disabilities. Instead we support people, in their homes and in the community, to invest their time in meaningful ways that help them identify and develop strategies to achieve their goals in life.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an excellent Direct Support Professional to join the support team of a 69-year old woman who is interested in becoming more involved in her Catholic church community. We are seeking applicants who are outgoing and who are adept networkers. Applicants should be invested in changing lives and being part of a movement that recognizes individuals with disabilities as valued members of society. To be considered for this position, you must have daytime and evening availability (Mondays 8 AM-2 PM, Thursdays 9 AM-4:30 PM, Fridays 8 AM-5 PM, Saturdays daytime or evenings, Sunday mornings).
DSPs provide customized assistance to individuals with disabilities to obtain and maintain valued social roles in the community, develop meaningful relationships, experience a quality home life, and become increasingly autonomous. DSPs assist individuals to reach their goals by teaching new skills and networking within the community.
Salary Range: < $35,000
- The interest and aptitude to work with and for persons with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
- The social skills and empathy required to relate well with others
- The competence to learn and apply best practice strategies for assisting people with disabilities to access a good life
- The capacity to work well within a team structure and independently
- The physical ability to perform functions of lifting, transferring, positioning, and personal hygiene
- Basic language, written, and computer (Word, Excel, internet, Google apps) skills necessary for communication and documentation
- Must be available some nights and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
How to Apply:
Email resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org