Working closely with the Artistic & Executive Director, and the Louisville Ballet Leadership Team, the Director of Administration is primarily responsible for all administrative aspects of all Louisville Ballet operational activities. The Director of Administration is charged with the task of implementing and maintaining an integrated data management plan that focuses on Louisville Ballet patrons, enhancing their experience and maximizing their value to the organization. The Director of Administration is also responsible for every aspect of the physical facilities that are occupied by Louisville Ballet and The Louisville Ballet School and is expected to maximize the revenue generated from sources of income other than Box Office Income and Contributed Income, such as production rentals, space rentals and income sources yet to be secured.
- As a Leadership Team Member, support and implement projects in Louisville Ballet’s Strategic Plan, including events, resource management, capital improvements and expansions.
- Implement and maintain an integrated data management plan that focuses on Louisville Ballet patrons, enhancing their experience and maximizing their value to the organization.
- Manage and track all budgets relating to Administration, Operations, and Other Earned Income.
- Manage all Human Resource requirements, both existing and planned, for the purpose of realizing Louisville Ballet’s vision and mission.
- Manage all Information Technology requirements, both existing and planned, for the purpose of realizing Louisville Ballet’s vision and mission.
- Work with Company Manager to oversee financial and contractual matters related to production & artistic departments, dancers, visiting technicians and creative personnel.
- Work with Operations Manager to manage Main Street, Louisville Ballet School and Warehouse facilities, including maintenance & repair, utilities and contracts for services and vendors, hardware, software, voicemail, Internet, phone system, and e-mail.
- Develop a capital improvement plan for production and technical equipment, including but not limited to: Main Street IT and studio facilities, The Louisville Ballet School, flooring and warehouse/storage.
Must possess impeccable communication skills, have advanced Microsoft Office experience, be highly detail oriented, self-motivated and a strategic thinker. This position requires significant team building and maintenance skills & abilities across a wide variety of industry standards. This position requires a high-degree of responsibility and productivity, successfully juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
The Director of Administration must possess:
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Business/Management
- Facilities Management Experience
- Strategic Planning Experience
- Team Management Experience
- Systems Thinking Approaches
The Director of Administration is responsible for a significant number of direct reports and as such is exempt from over-time. The Director of Administration is often expected to work late and weekend hours as related to the performance and production schedule.
How To Apply:
Please send the following materials to artisticdirector@
- Cover letter
Include Director of Administration Search in the subject line. No phone calls, please.