Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development Community Engagement serves as the primary partner with the ED and the Board of Directors to establish (a) the organization’s philosophy of giving and (b) systems and processes that ensure sustainable fund development. This position creates the BLC fund development plan and directs and manages the execution of the plan as well as supervising communication efforts. At the BLC, fund development elements include: donor identification and acquisition, annual giving, major gifts from individuals and corporations, grant writing, planned giving, and strategic leadership and oversight of signature events.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
- Ensures establishment of a diverse donor base of individual, corporate, and public segments resulting in dollars raised for the organization.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range development strategies, goals, and objectives in conjunction with the ED to meet the annual budget.
- Proactively ensures that the organization develops strong long-term relationships with large-scale individual, foundation, and corporate donors/funders. Personally builds and maintains key relationships to ensure fund development goals are achieved.
- Helps to establish cultivation metrics for key individuals and community partners, which will move the organization forward and meet the fund development goals.
- Oversees fundraising activities to support fund development goals.
- Ensures meaningful, effective partnerships with key public and private sector entities to reinforce the organization’s community impact.
- Assures effective coordination and integration of fundraising efforts with marketing/communications strategies as well as with other staff, Board, and third-party events.
- Supervises grant development and actively coordinates with the ED and the Director of Programs to ensure mission integrity on federal, state, foundation, and corporate grants.
- Acts as the staff liaison with the Board’s Fund Development Committee. Assists the Chair of the Fund Development Committee in navigating the organizational and donor landscape of BLC.
- Serves as an active, engaged, and strategic member of the BLC leadership team.
- Supervises Communications and Outreach Coordinator and volunteer engagement efforts
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume, and at least two professional references to Sherry Stanley, Executive Director, at email@example.com
Deadline to apply: October 2, 2020