Job Title: Director of Operations
Reports to: Executive Director
Type of Position: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Begins at $30,000
Purpose: KyHRC was established in 2015 with the goal of advocating for the health needs of people who use injection drugs and improving public health throughout the city. KyHRC works to promote and implement strategies that prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS, and hepatitis C, prevent death by overdose and disease, support healthy behaviors, address addiction, and facilitate clients into medical and mental health care, and drug treatment. The Director will ensure the effective management and administrative integrity of all KyHRC activities.
Position Summary: The Director is responsible for coordination, management and delivery of services related to the; Syringe Exchange, Narcan Training and Distribution, Scheduling of Staff, Training and Education, Intern and Volunteer Services, Program Development and Management (in collaboration with the Executive Director), and Agency Events.
Duties and Activities:
- Ensure adherence to all syringe exchange and naloxone policies and procedures.
- Maintain an inventory of all supplies, order supplies, and bookkeeping for supplies.
- Coordinate volunteer/intern recruitment, training and activities.
- Prepare programmatic reports to funders.
- Stay informed about Intravenous Drug Use (IDUs) policies and procedures and health issues.
- Coordinate external training, presentations and workshops about SEP and Narcan.
- Coordinate contract deliverables and projected services with the Executive Director.
- Coordinate research projects and work collaboratively with government agencies, funders, and other stakeholders to identify gaps in service delivery and develop sustainable proposals to advance public health.
- Update KyHRC website and social media applications.
- Maintain meeting minutes, attendance sheets and other administrative duties.
- Coordinate agency policy provisions, manuals’ updates, and other agency operations.
- Coordinate data entry and maintain input to multiple databases relating to outreach, daily client contacts, Syringe Exchange activities and Narcan training and distribution.
- Monitors and controls office supplies; ensures proper working order of office equipment; initiates computer purchases and installation, facility repair and maintenance requests.
- Coordinate and perform invoicing and bill pay duties.
Salary Range: < $35,000
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (or comparable work experience) preferred.
- Experience with program development, coalition-building, and grant writing preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manage projects, maintain documentation and work independently.
- Knowledge of Harm Reduction, SEP, HCV and HIV.
- Computer and MS Office literate.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to:
Donald Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Russ Read, email@example.com.