The Director of Philanthropy & Engagement (DP&E) serves as the primary fundraiser for LAC and works alongside the Executive Director and leadership team of Life Adventure Center (LAC) to support all aspects of philanthropy within the organization and ensure that donor and partner engagement and participation is aligned with the mission and vision of the organization. This is a leadership position.
LAC is a 501(c)3 charitable nonprofit based in Versailles, Kentucky. We build resilience through trauma-informed camps, retreats, and programs for underserved populations, especially youth recovering from multiple Adverse Childhood Experiences.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Cultivate and directly solicit major gifts primarily through face-to-face engagement and in pursuit of annual fund needs but leading to later support for capital improvements, quasi-endowment growth, planned giving, and strategic objectives.
- Develop short and long-term strategic fundraising and constituent relationship plans for major gifts, grants, and annual fund growth. Develop and present to the Executive Director appropriate, tactical plans of action, implementation, evaluation, and progress reports regarding major gift solicitations and donor/gift stewardship.
- Work with the Executive Director to identify and plan the cultivation of donors, including prospecting, bumps, and planning legacy gifts.
- Work with staff and program alumni, when appropriate, to provide direct testimonials and engagement with which to cultivate major donors/prospects’ interest in supporting our mission.
- Manage a growing annual fund through direct solicitations, mail appeals, end-of-year campaigns, and specific event based.
- Identify, complete and steward grants applications as well as reporting requirements.
- Provide superior customer service, donor/gift stewardship and recognition to ensure positive, long-term relationships with and retention of supporters.
- Adhere to the highest standards of professional fundraising ethics regarding, but not limited to: donor solicitations, stewardship, gift management, reporting and confidentiality.
- Periodically (at the direction of the Executive Director) and professionally interact with/ report to our board of trustees.
- Comply with internal financial controls and perform general accounting duties as directed by the Chief Financial Director.
- Perform clerical duties including extensive and detailed updates to our donor/prospect contact management software (Campwise™), central filing systems, scanning, etc.
- Participate, at the direction of the Executive Director, in the community as a liaison for LAC in multiple settings.
- Seek out and make public presentations describing the mission, method, and impact of LAC programming at joint-agency meetings, public forums, donor gathers, etc.
- Manage LAC’s social media profiles, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Manage basic website updates utilizing a CMS (training will be provided).
- Coordinate the design, copy, and printing the Annual Report, printed brochures, and other collateral materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time-to-time by the Executive Director.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $75,000
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum three years of professional fundraising experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook™ software.
- CFRE preferred, but not required.
- Grant writing/ management experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge™, Campwise™, WealthEngine™ or similar relationship management software preferred.
- Outdoor, Experiential Education or Recreation experience preferred.
- Understanding of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and basic psychological concepts preferred.
- Passion for philanthropy and commitment to serving others.
- Reliable transportation.
Physical Aspects of the Job:
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to safely and properly operate business equipment.
- Manual dexterity to utilize computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work in indoor or outdoor settings.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to tolerate considerable regional travel required.
How to Apply:
Please send an email cover lettter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.