JustFaith Ministries is a non-profit ministry that exists to form, inform, and transform people of faith and sustain them in their compassionate commitment to build a more just and peaceful world. We are seeking a Director of Programs who will bring a passion for social justice and entrepreneurial energy to the work of creating and maintaining our programs and materials. The ideal candidate will have a Masters in Divinity or Education(or similar training and education, ) will have direct experience creating small-group education processes and opportunities, will be a skilled writer with some public speaking experience, and will have experience working in small, highly collaborative environments. Direct experience with social justice movements highly desirable. Applicants outside Louisville, Kentucky will be given strong consideration, however, preference will be given to candidates either in Louisville or those willing to relocate with some relocation assistance provided. For more information about JustFaith Ministries and a full position description, visit www.justfaith.org.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $75,000
Mission Statement: JustFaith Ministries forms, informs and transforms people of faith by offering programs and resources that sustain them in their compassionate commitment to build a more just and peaceful world.
The staff of JustFaith Ministries is committed to being a faith community working in partnership with each other to see that the work of JustFaith Ministries is accomplished and instilled with the integrity of the Gospel. Love, reverence, and collaboration are the qualities sought from members of the staff team.
Job Title: Director of Programs
Classification: Full-time, exempt; occasional travel, occasional weekend and evening hours
Salary Range: $57,000 – $67,000
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Executive Director; directs the work of contracted writers.
Position Overview: The Director of Programs position exists to provide oversight for all aspects of program development and revision; contributes to the written expression of JFM work through promotional materials, stories, newsletters, and other media; oversees the work of contracted writers who contribute to programs; occasionally speaks and provides workshops on behalf of the organization; and stays informed about current events, trends in popular education, and methods of educational program delivery.
Program Development and Revision (45%)
Write JFM program content. Solicit assistance with JFM program content creation and revisions from contract writers. Ensure that program evaluations are conducted and carried out according to the annual operations plan. Develop and direct annual plans that outline needed program development, revisions, and evaluations.
Membership Resource Development (25%)
Develop dynamic content for the JF Network. This work includes creating or soliciting content for monthly resources, resource framing and formatting, and regular evaluation of resources.
Additional Content Generation (5%)
Work with JFM staff to create original content for the JFM blogs, newsletters, website, promotional, and other media. This work may include leading and coordinating prayer and piloting new ideas in small groups. Represent JFM in national gatherings as directed by Executive Director.
Facilitator Support (5%)
Provides support for facilitators. This work includes responding to questions and concerns about program content via email and phone, and regular review of participant evaluations and facilitator feedback.
Research and analysis (15%)
Stay informed and up-to-date on trends in popular education, Gospel-based formation, and program delivery methods. Create an environment open to testing and exploration of new modes of delivering transformation, Gospel-based programming. Regularly evaluate and report on the effectiveness and impact of JFM programs and trends in the field of popular education/faith formation.
- With Executive Director build and oversee annual Program budget. This includes annual budget planning, accurately reporting spending via a Purchase Order process, and implementing spending that is within budget.
- Participate in the JFM Team, which coordinates all JFM activities across functional areas (Business Management, Development, Programs, and Facilitator Outreach and Engagement).
- Participate in the JFM Staff Membership Committee
- Regularly evaluate and report on JFM programs.
- Work with the Program Committee of the JustFaith Ministries’ Board of Directors and with members of the Board of Directors as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Engage with JFM Partners as assigned by Executive Director.
- Seek and participate in strategic opportunities for professional development and spiritual growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skilled educator with emphasis in transformational and experiential education
- Innovative creator of print and online material
- Interfaith or broadly Christian theological literacy
- Familiarity with various Christian denominations
- Familiarity with successful adult education formats
- Experience in social justice and peace movements
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working in team environments
- Ability to be flexible and pitch in to help a small staff accomplish big things
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written, and interpersonal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, and database skills
- Master’s degree in Divinity or Education
- Five years experience in program development
- Experienced writer of curricula
- Experienced social just advocate, change agent
- Direct experience with grants management and program budgets
- Experience with SalesForce a plus
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of JustFaith Ministries
- Demonstrated success in working in highly collaborative environments
How to Apply:
For more information about JustFaith Ministries, visit www.justfaith.org
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2019.