The Director of Site Based Programs & Childcare Licensing is responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education, for all children within the organization’s care. The Director is directly accountable for overall operational management in accordance Boys & Girls Clubs of America standards as well as childcare licensure regulations in Kentucky and Indiana. Responsibilities also include curriculum development, staff management, legal and budgetary considerations, and long range planning. The Director ensures that the needs of the club members and the goals of the program are met appropriately.
With oversight for programmatic, operational, and licensed child-care requirements, the Site-Director will be responsible for monitoring and managing six sites: Clarksville and Charlestown in Indiana, Bullitt Lick Middle in Shepherdsvillle, Frost Middle, Semple Elementary, and W. E. B. DuBois Academy.
Primary focus of work is with and on behalf of children and youth to facilitate their personal, social, and educational development and enable them to gain a voice, influence, and place in society as they make the transition from dependence to independence.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Establish programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Actively participate in the operational leadership team to carry out the organizational mission in the clubs.
- Provides the direct supervision of Site Based Staff.
- Responsible for the successful launch of licensed sites; this includes operating within regulatory guidelines as well as successful billing for member services base on the budget.
- Promote relationships with parents to expedite applications to the CCAP department.
Prepare for Youth Success
- Plan and oversee the completion and administration of designated Club programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes.
- Establish Club program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Health and Safety
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, supervising members in program area(s).
- Monitor facilities and ensure a productive work environment, maintaining an inventory of all program equipment and supplies in good order. Recommend requisitions, as necessary; controlling expenditures against monthly supply budget.
Program Development and Implementation
- Establish and maintain Club program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members.
- Ensure that professional site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their diversity. (Completion of the YPQI observation form at each Site monthly)
- Working with the school leadership, develop recruiting strategies to actively recruit members.
- Oversee the daily youth feeding program that includes Kids Café and the Federal Snack Program.
- Have a good understanding of program outcome measurement—how to develop outcomes, outputs and metrics for programs, and then successfully measure outcomes of current programs.
- Control Club program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Attend monthly trainings for professional youth development skill building and knowledge of organizational policy.
- Required successful programming at the Sites include: Read Theory, Power Hour, Torch Club, Triple Play, Passport to Manhood, Smart Girls, Money Matters, Positive Action, Smart Moves and Indiana Kids.
- Responsible for supervising all Site employees, allocating and monitoring work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal.
- Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting to include activities and events breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Oversee and ensure all pre and post data is collected for all programs and for requirements for childcare licensing.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers in the absence of Unit Director.
- Provide coaching of professional staff with program delivery and quality improvement using the YPQI model.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers and media releases.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families and community organizations.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly unit staff meetings.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $50,000
- Four-year degree in related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Must be qualified to meet Director level credentialing for child care licensure
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Demonstrated facilitation and training experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience developing and managing programs
- Experience managing databases for recording keeping, entry, and extracting information for reporting.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred
- Age 21 within 30 days of hire date.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions.
How to Apply:
Please apply by copying and pasting this link into your browser. https://jobapply.page.link/SBQN