KENTUCKY COLLEGE OF ART + DESIGN
at Spalding University
845 S. 3rd St.
Louisville, KY 40203
Title: Director/VP of Advancement
Reports to: President
Benefits: Eligible for health insurance and paid vacation / sick time
The Director or VP of Advancement (depending on experience) is responsible for the development, management and implementation of all KyCAD’s fundraising, donor relations, board development, and communications plans. They also serve as a member of the management team collaborating on institutional decision-making, strategic planning, and budget creation. They work closely with the President and Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of duties and responsibilities, but is not exhaustive.
- Manage the development department staff, and the planning and execution of all fundraising campaigns (annual fund giving, major gifts campaign, capital campaign, state funding, and grants seeking); donor retention programs (Davenport Society); and special donor events (annual gala and fundraising campaign receptions). Oversee the fundraising database, tracking, and gift acceptance process to maintain superior donor stewardship efforts.
- Develop, cultivate, and solicit donations and build community partnerships with corporations, foundations, non-profit organizations, and prospective & current donors to broaden the constituency base, increase visibility, meet fundraising goals, and mange relationships with donors.
- Manage the institutional communications department, which includes the coordination and execution of a comprehensive marketing program; social media integration; innovative Internet campaigning/web development; public relations strategies across web, print, news, social media, and the community; a brand awareness campaign; and all institutional special events.
- Serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors and assist with member cultivation, training, and retention.
- Serve as a member of the management team and create annual fundraising plans, budgets, strategic planning, and co-manage the scholarship program with the Admissions Director.
- Bachelor’s degree. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable
- Proven track record
- Task oriented self-starter, with good problem solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects with flexibility and follow through in a fast-paced environment
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, oral and communications skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets and teams
- Must be a team player and share the values and standards of professionalism at KyCAD
- Position requires experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Gmail, DonorPerfect and Asana; in addition to the ability to use Mac computers
- Able to lift 30 lbs for moving boxes of equipment or supplies as needed
If you are interested in this position please send a letter outlining your experience and interest, an up to date CV, and the name of three referees to Moira Scott Payne, President. Please include “Director/VP of Advancement” in the subject line of your email. email@example.com