OVERVIEW: The DV Legal Advocate is responsible for providing case management to victims of domestic violence and their children or families; groups, individual counseling; local and agency advocacy; and referrals to assist clients towards the goal of self-sufficiency in Jefferson, Bullitt, Spencer, Shelby, Oldham, Henry, and Trimble counties in Kentucky.
- Provide community, school education, and training. Provide collaboration/liaison among agency, clients, and community. Provide support to volunteers and maintain link to Volunteer Manager.
- Provide case management/counseling/ support services to victims of domestic violence. Facilitate support groups for non-residential clients. Provide crisis intervention by phone. Attend DVO hearing/criminal court hearings with victims.
- Conduct client intake and walk-in counseling. Provide follow-up services to on-going clients.
- Maintain statistics, reports, and administrative tasks in timely fashion. Comply with state reporting of abuse and neglect.
- Attend staff meetings, agency meetings, case reviews and assigned community meetings; assist in trainings as assigned; participate in on-call rotation as scheduled. Successfully complete KDVA Level I Certification within first year of CWF employment and maintain certification for duration of employment with CWF, as appropriate.
Salary Range: < $35,000
Education: Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field may be substituted for a degree.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record that meets CWF automobile insurance requirements.
- Fluency in languages other than English are a plus.
How to Apply: