Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville
Please send resume and letter of interest to HR@HRWorksinc.com.
Job Title: Donor Relations Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development and Marketing
Work schedule: Full-time, Monday – Friday (occasional Saturdays)
The Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for establishing and managing Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville’s faith relations program to significantly increase engagement and support from faith community partners and individual donors in support of Habitat’s mission. This position is also responsible for planning and coordinating all service learning and youth engagement activities. The position will support the Development Director and Community Development Resource Coordinator as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop strategies to build and maintain faith community partnerships, including the maintenance of all current partnerships, building new relationships and cultivating partnerships with diverse faith congregations.
- Build and manage a portfolio of new, lapsed and current mid-level donors that give annually and have the capacity to increase their support.
- Achieve a high level of engagement from defined constituent groups through building and enhancing relationship with Habitat and involving them strategically in special programs and events.
- Plan and facilitate faith-based coalitions, build days, fundraising, donations, lunches, church/faith organization presentations and volunteer engagement.
- Assist with on-site activities and communication, including but not limited to arranging for on-site lunches and taking volunteer photos and videos.
- Work with Volunteer and Development Coordinator to secure donations and organize hospitality for volunteers to include Saturday, Raise the Roof and team build lunches.
- Coordinate and conduct service learning partnerships (Teen Build) with local schools.
- Assist in planning, execution and staffing of various fundraising events and activities as needed.
- Meet annual performance goals including donor calls and fundraising targets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills
- BA/BS degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of non-profit, volunteer engagement or development experience.
- Familiarity with the local faith community and/or area religious organizations with a passion to engage the local faith community in Habitat’s mission.
- Articulate speaker comfortable with public speaking engagements at faith institutions.
- Possess leadership skills, organization, time management and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to perform as a team player, combined with ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to plan, follow-through and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to envision long – range goals and apply them to daily operations.
- Must relate with volunteers of all ages, cultures and abilities in a pleasant manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some weekends and evenings as required.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, current car insurance and a good driving record.
- Proficient with both computer and the internet.
- Commitment to excellence