Start a new career with Edge Employment!
The Organization: Edge Employment is a local nonprofit that supports individuals with disabilities to thrive at work. Our mission is based on the belief that people with disabilities have the right to the same privileges and responsibilities as other citizens and are valuable contributors to the workforce. We know that communities are better when everyone is included.
Who we’re looking for: We are looking for applicants who are natural teachers and networkers to join a team of four Supported Employment Specialists. Applicants who have experience working in Human Resources or Business Administration are highly encouraged to apply.
The Job: Employment Specialists are responsible for supporting job candidates to identify and secure ambitious job opportunities that complement the skills and interests of the candidate while also supporting the business needs of prospective employers.
- Attend trainings and obtain Employment Specialist certifications (some out of town travel is required).
- Develop productive and respectful working relationships with identified job candidates, their families/supporters/allies, and prospective employers.
- Produce personalized profiles that identify the job candidate’s assets, interests, and conditions for success.
- Facilitate job-planning team meetings where profile information is shared, and suitable jobs and potential employers are identified, in conjunction with job candidates, their families or guardians, and other allies.
- Create job candidate portfolios, as needed, to represent the job candidate to potential employers in the most positive light.
- Perform job development activities, including contacting potential employers, identifying unmet employer needs, and negotiating mutually beneficial job placements.
- Provide strategic support and training to employers that respects the typical way new employees are oriented and trained within the specific employer culture.
- Support newly employed job candidates to become established valued employees and to obtain additional valued roles associated with employment, including colleague, friend, etc.
- Assist job candidates to pursue job advancements.
- Participate in public speaking engagements to encourage business support for employment opportunities.
- Ensure that documentation, record keeping, and data collection complies with regulatory and agency requirements, including notes, medication administration records, incident reporting/follow up/resolution, etc.
- Represent Mattingly Edge in a positive manner. This includes attending and participating in events and fundraisers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $45,000
- At least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ability/willingness and aptitude to work with persons with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- Physical ability to perform functions of lifting, transferring, and positioning.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Basic language, written, and computer (Word, Excel, internet, Google apps) skills necessary for communication and documentation.
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
How to Apply:
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com