Are you looking for a new career? Start a career with Edge Employment
The Organization: Edge Employment is a local nonprofit that supports individuals with disabilities to thrive at work. Our mission is based on the belief that people with disabilities have the right to the same privileges and responsibilities as other citizens and are valuable contributors to the workforce. We know that communities are better when everyone is included.
Who we’re looking for: We are looking for applicants who are natural teachers and networkers to join a team of four Employment Specialists. Applicants who have experience working in Human Resources and/or Business Administration are highly encouraged to apply.
The Job: Employment Specialists are responsible for supporting job candidates with intellectual and developmental disabilities to identify and fulfill ambitious job opportunities that complement the skills and interests of the job candidate while also supporting the genuine business needs of prospective employers.
- Attend trainings and obtain Employment Specialist certifications (some out of town travel may be required, as it becomes safe to do)
- Develop productive and respectful working relationships with identified job candidates, their families/supporters/allies, and prospective employers.
- Produce personalized profiles that identify the job candidate’s assets, interests and conditions for success.
- Facilitate job-planning team meetings where profile information is shared, and suitable jobs and potential employers are identified, in conjunction with job candidates, their families and/or guardians, and other allies.
- Create job candidate portfolios, as needed, to represent the job candidate to potential employers in the most positive light.
- Perform job development activities, including contacting potential employers, identifying unmet employer needs, and negotiating mutually beneficial job placements.
- Provide strategic support and training to employers that respects the typical way new employees are oriented and trained within the specific employer culture.
- Support newly employed job candidates to become established valued employees and to obtain additional valued roles associated with employment, including colleague, friend, etc.
- Advocate for and assist job candidates to pursue job advancements.
- Participate in public speaking engagements to encourage business support for employment opportunities.
The Benefits: Simply put, we want to make lives better—for the people our organization supports and our employees. That’s why we offer our employees competitive pay and opportunities to grow professionally.
Benefits available to full-time employees include:
• Health Insurance for $139/month
• Dental and Vision Insurance for <$7/month
• $15,000 Life Insurance plan
• 401(k) retirement plan after one year of employment
• Double pay on holidays
• Earned time off that increases with tenure
• Investment in employee’s mental health, including subsidization of meditation and mindfulness classes
• Free tickets to all Mattingly Edge events
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 per hour
Salary Range: $35,000 - $45,000
- At least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least one year of experience in the field of developmental disabilities (does not need to be in Supported Employment) preferred.
- Ability/willingness and aptitude to work with persons with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- Physical ability to perform functions of personal care assistance, including lifting, transferring, and positioning.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Basic language, written, and computer (Word, Excel, internet, Google apps) skills necessary for communication and documentation.
How to Apply: