Duties (Essential Functions):
• Oversee all aspects of donor relations, development and outreach to support the Equine C.A.R.E. program.
• Develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with equine annual fund donors and prospects, including individuals, corporations, foundations and other funding sources.
• Increase financial support and donor base for the Equine C.A.R.E. program to ensure financial sustainability.
• Establish and implement strategy, structure and accountability procedures regarding all equine annual funds, special projects and fundraising events.
• Ensure that equine donors are thanked in a timely fashion and in a manner that cultivates continued support.
• Community Outreach – promote interest and provide information regarding equine programs to community leaders, community and equine groups, media, and the general public thru Pony Tales, event attendance, tours and meetings.
• Serve as a spokesperson for the Equine C.A.R.E. program. to various internal and external groups, events and media appearances.
• Work with the KHS PR/Marketing team to market and increase awareness of the Equine C.A.R.E. program.
• Serve as an administrator to the Equine C.A.R.E. social media pages
• Work with President & CEO and Vice President of Outreach for creation and adherence of yearly budget of department revenues and expenses.
• Research and determine when the department will participate in new initiatives to grow support of the KHS mission.
• Serve on the leadership team and participate in the strategic planning process ensuring goals, objectives, and action steps are being met
• Support and supervise volunteers as needed or during events.
• Solicit equine sponsors for all signature KHS fundraising events
Salary Range: $50,000 - $75,000
• 3 years of fundraising or sales experience required
• 3 years minimum involvement with in equine
• Ability to lead others and work independently
• Highly relational, strong people skills—ability to relate to all types of people and personalities
• A self-starter, versed in problem-solving
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization skills with an ability to multi-task and problem solve in a face paced environment
• Advanced computer knowledge, including MS Word and Excel, with ability to learn new software
• Leadership and management skills with ability to work effectively with staff and volunteers
• Ability to represent the Kentucky Humane Society in a professional manner in accordance with the American Professional Fund Raising Code of Ethics
• Knowledgeable and supportive of KHS programs
• Share a passion for service to animals, people and our community
• Commitment to KHS Core Values
• Background check required
• Reliable transportation and willingness to travel as needed
How to Apply: