RMHCK Evening Manager
The Evening Manager is a regular full-time, hourly employee (approximately 40 hours per week; Sunday-Thursday 3-11:30pm) of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana and is subject to the personnel policies of RMHCK. They report to the House Manager.
- Since opening on September 10, 1984, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana (RMHCK) has provided a “home away from home” for families of children receiving healthcare at area medical facilities while also lending support to other organizations who aid children. Since then, Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms have served over 28,000 families.
- RMHCK provides thirty-six guestrooms at the Ronald McDonald House, along with meals prepared by volunteers, laundry facilities, toiletries, recreational activities and more. With an annual budget of $1.5 million, we also operate Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at three local hospitals, as well as provide grants and scholarships.
- We seek a highly motivated, dynamic and compassionate individual who has a passion for our mission.
The Evening Manager is responsible for the smooth administration of the Ronald McDonald House during the evening hours and for the supervision of the Evening Assistant.
Essential Functions The Evening Manager is responsible for the following areas:
- Guest Services and Relations
- Examples: Maintaining a compassionate and caring atmosphere; Checking families in and out
- Volunteer and Community Relations
- Examples: Serving as liaison with volunteers; Providing meaningful tasks and thanking volunteers appropriately
- Administrative Functions
- Examples: Track daily statistics; Compile monthly survey results; Scheduling occupancy of guest rooms; Proper enforcement of House policies
- Professional Development and Demeanor
- Examples: Serving as a positive ambassador for RMHCK and our mission; Providing a teamwork approach to problem solving; Attend staff meetings and professional development training programs as required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to easily learn a new database system
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of constituents (families, volunteers, donors, staff) while maintaining professional boundaries
- Ability to work accurately, with interruptions
- Ability to be self-directed; work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion
- Ability to lift 10 pounds
$12 per hour starting pay
Employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance
ApplyingIf you are interested in applying for this position, please respond with a resume and letter of interest on or by June 9, 2017.
Mail: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana
Attn: Evening Manager Job Search
550 S. First Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Its policy is to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and to comply with all federal, state, and local regulations as they pertain to equal employment opportunity.