The event and program coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt position with responsibility for supporting LLC events, programs, and other activities. This position is responsible for logistics and production support for large special events as well as civic programs and various marketing and member events. Events range from training-style program days, meetings, conferences, special events and seminars ranging from 10 to 1000 participants. This position reports to the vice president.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage logistics and production for LLC activities and initiatives, ensuring exceptional service and high quality programs, workshops and events. Manage resources against budget, using prudence and good judgement, taking initiative in making recommendations and anticipating next steps for successful execution. Be onsite to manage details and maintain quality control for an overall excellent guest/participant experience. Specific roles in activities are:
- Special Events: Logistics and production needs for LLC Special events, including the Leadership Summit, 100 Wise Women, and Leadership Louisville Luncheon (a/v planning, room/venue design, catering coordination, speaker logistics, materials & supplies management, reconciliation of invoices, etc.) This also includes project management support.
- LLC Hosted Marketing and Member events: Logistics and production needs (a/v, room design, catering coordination, materials & supplies, reconciliation of invoices, etc.) for events hosted at LLC, including TLS, Open Houses, Alumni Reunions, etc.
- Civic programs: Logistics for program days and activities (a/v needs, venue/room coordination, food and beverage, materials & supplies, reconciliation of invoices, etc.). Provide on-site support when needed, including delivery of materials, set-up and tear-down.
- Contribute to the facility experience at LLC, maintaining a welcoming and hospitable experience for guests, including support of reception desk, office closing at end of each day, and LLC calendar coordination.
- Research venues, caterers, amenities and activities and stay up-to-date on current events in Louisville and surrounding communities.
- Flexibility to assist with new and ongoing projects that may arise.
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 3 – 5 years of professional experience in program/event planning and execution or administration.
- Punctual and dependable, detail-oriented with superior organizational ability.
- A self-starter with the ability to be proactive, juggle multiple tasks, identify priorities and anticipate next steps needed. Can be productive both individually and in a cooperative team environment.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm to produce high quality experiences and bring creativity to events.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal, and demonstrated ability in building and maintaining professional relationships with partners, business and community leaders, venue and catering staff; managing the flow of programs on-site and on-site vendor relationships and logistics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Must be able to understand and adapt to emerging communications technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have own transportation and be able to handle light lifting.
Due to the nature of the work and timing of programs and events, the event and program coordinator must be able to work some early mornings, nights and weekends.