The Event Support Specialist (part time) supports the Executive Director, Associate Executive Director ,and Development Staff in executing events and other chapter programs. This position provides logistical and administrative support to events and chapter programs.
The Event Support Specialist maintains professional and supportive relationships with CF patients, family members, and volunteers and carries out responsibilities in a manner that supports a collaborative, donor, and CF patient and family-centric culture. Accurately communicates and raises awareness about CF and the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation at events and other Foundation-sponsored programs. Educates CF families, patients, and caregivers with up-to-date information on research progress, access to healthcare, pending legislative issues on both a local and national level, and other services provided.
In all aspects of their role, the Event Support Specialist strives to deliver quality results in a manner that is respectful and supportive of others and to help build a strong team environment that fosters creative, innovative ways to improve the lives of those with CF and their families.
Salary Range: < $35,000
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As employees perform their roles and responsibilities, they are expected to demonstrate behaviors that are aligned with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Five Core Values including:
Keep sight of what really matters.
Aspire for excellence in all we do.
Innovate with courage.
Care about our people
• Assists with logistics of events as assigned
• Secures and submits venue contracts and permits needed for events
• Oversees registration and check-out areas at events as well as enters guests and creates table assignments
• Solicits in-kind donations for events and thanks donors for contributions.
• Fulfills prize orders and other procurement and fulfillment needs, organizes letters, mailings and lists
• Orders and creates pre-event and event-day materials as well as sponsorship and other event/solicitation materials
• Organizes event-day supplies
• Responsible for securing event-day volunteers and assists with training volunteers, works collaboratively with procurement volunteers.
• Responsible for Maintenance events and provides customers service/supplies to third party event volunteers
• Distributes educational materials at cultivation and fundraising events, as well as at community and corporate health fairs
• Supports event packing and unpacking needs.
• Maintains databases including CFF Auction for the Cure and produces bid sheets and supporting materials
• Answers the phone, monitors the chapter mailbox and responds to inquiries
• Supports stewardship needs and that sponsorship commitments are met.
• Updates social media and coordinates e-blasts and Emma emails; coordinates letters, mailings and lists
• Participates in bi-monthly specialist conference calls and follows suggestions and shares information discussed with chapter staff members
• Maintains chapter event calendar.
• Orders office and event supplies, works with chapter vendors, maintains equipment and ensures new staff have needed equipment.
• Ensures event storage area and materials are organized and current.
• Responsiblefor opening mail and postage meter reimbursements; travels to Post Office as required
• Ensures proper HR signage is posted in the chapter office
• Assists in keeping event binders current and complete.
• Carries out all responsibilities in compliance with CF Foundation policies, audit procedures and accounting manual including petty cash reconciliations and proper awarding of cash prizes
• Reconciles P+L statement monthly; completes and submits month-end reports for Executive Director review and approval
• Processes receipts and event payments
• Calculates Fair Market Values in accordance with pre-event performance reports and submits to appropriate Development staff for review and approval
• Processes matching gift forms and invoices for outstanding revenue after events
• Submits contracts and invoices through My Workplace
• Maintains chapter accounting file
• Assist Executive Director and/or AED as needed with year-end projections report
• Processes revenue for submission to CRP in adherencewith audit requirements, obtains money orders as necessary
• Prepares reports as needed for the Executive Director and Development staff
• Prepares event and chapter in-kind receipts
EDUCATION & ADVOCACY
• With supervisor’s guidance and oversight, helps to educate CF families, patients and caregivers with up-to-date information on CF Foundation programs: Compass Advocacy, Community Affairs and Working with Care Centers related to research
progress and access to healthcare and pending legislative issues
• Provides referrals to families for services at local care centers and other community resources reference above
• Ensures proper Infection Prevention and Control Standards are maintained in the chapter office and that correct procedures for indoor/outdoor events are followed.
• Orders and creates materials for education for community and corporate health fairs
• Coordinates calendar of meeting dates for CF Foundation Program (as above)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• One to two years of work experience which may include internships or volunteer work.
• Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and stay organized to ensuretimely and accurate work. Close attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) necessary to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, donors, and other staffmembers, and to provide information requiring courtesy and tact.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Customer service oriented
• Strong professional ethics
• Ability to travel to events as needed
• Use of computer required
• Sitting, bending, reaching, and walking
• Some heavy lifting may be required
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Carol Ferguson at email@example.com.