REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
This individual must be able to function effectively in a variety of roles within a dynamic environment under minimum supervision. A critical part of this role is to understand the Company’s and Executives’ priorities to effectively prioritize time and attention amid multiple competing initiatives.
Provide regular clerical and administrative support to the Chief Professional Officer. Function as Administrative Office manager, prepares correspondence and reports, maintains contact database, maintains schedule and calendar, answers telephones and maintains electronic and hard copy files. Assists in the development and implementation of policies and practices that comply with all applicable regulations and are consistent with Boys and Girls Clubs mission and values.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Maintains CEO’s calendar, scheduling meetings and making logistical and travel arrangements necessary for internal and external meetings. Using judgment to prioritize meetings.
- Performs regular secretarial duties, preparing correspondence and reports as requested by CEO and composes draft letters following established formats. Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature.
- Produces board meeting materials, prepares room for board meetings, and prepares board meeting agendas and minutes.
- Organize all details of staff travel including: special events, agenda and itineraries for entire organization.
- Responsible for coordinating internal events such as staff meetings, activities and parties.
- Helps maintain master schedule of Club activities and events, collecting and disseminating information to Club staff, volunteers, members and families as instructed.
- Maintains Outlook contact database.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems, making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information.
- Serves as receptionist, greeting all members and visitors to the Administrative Office.
- Serves as point person for management team and vendors to ensure proper lines of communication.
- Answers telephones, providing general information, referring callers to other staff or taking messages as necessary.
- Monitors, manages and updates the document management retention schedule ensuring office staff following required retention schedules.
- Monitors office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary.
- Monitors and orders all inventory for Clubs via Amazon or Staples.
- Responsible for managing inventory of office equipment and service contracts, performing routine maintenance activities and contacting service representatives as needed.
- Ensure that facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained at office.
- Makes recommendations for improvement for office systems, mail handling, and document storage systems.
- Manages the document storage and retrieval system.
- Trains new staff on office administration systems and assigns login codes for equipment access.
- Performs addition duties as assigned.
- Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with organization staff (professional and volunteer) and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
- External: Maintains contact with members, families and the general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquiries or as instructed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3 + years of office clerical experience in related field
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to self-motivate and self direct
- Ability to maintain professionalism when interacting with internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experienced in accessing information on the Internet and in utilizing e-mail to transmit and receive electronic communications
- Typing/keyboarding skills of at least 60 wpm
- Receives and screens visitors and phone calls
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possesses a strong sense of urgency
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Typical office environment. Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Nothing contained within this job description is intended to create a contract for employment, express or implied, nor a guarantee of continued employment for a specified duration. Employment with the club is at-will. The club may discharge an employee at any time for any reason whatsoever, with or without cause, and with or without notice.