KSBCF is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to provide support to the Executive Director of a small charitable foundation. KSBCF is looking for a courteous, self-driven employee with strong communication, organizational, and time management skills. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Public Relations and Fundraising
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director to identify, research and write grants.
- Manage all aspects of fundraising events for the charitable foundation including timelines, budget, volunteer recruitment, auction item procurement, marketing, event production, and post-event reporting.
- Maintain a database of donors, potential donors and contacts. Produce mail merges for bulk mailings.
- Coordinate with print vendor to design/create event materials, brochures, flyers, annual report, and other print materials.
- Produce e-blasts, e-newsletters, and social media posts.
- Represent the Executive Director in his/her absence at meetings, events, presentations, etc. as needed.
Office Management and Administrative Support
- Maintain an updated and organized filing system following retention/destruction policies.
- Track and generate reports for grant, scholarship, and program expenditures.
- Organize and execute bi-monthly bill paying and deposits as well as maintain bookkeeping/accounting records; provide financial reports as needed.
- Respond to e-mails, answer phones, send fax correspondence, sort mail, order office supplies.
- Assist with preparation and keep detailed minutes for committee and board meetings.
- Maintain updated records regarding the Board of Directors (including policies, contact information, terms, meeting dates, etc.).
- Write business letters including donation acknowledgements, sponsorship requests, auction item solicitations, and other fundraising communication.
- Coordinate statewide Braille Writer Loan Program including database updates, recipient mailing and correspondence, ordering devices and parts, and reporting.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, business administration, marketing or related field with some experience in fundraising, development and/or coordinating special events is required. Individual must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Publisher. Experience with fundraising and using software such as Donor Perfect, Gift Works, Little Green Light or similar programs is preferred. Desktop publishing, global mail software (such as Constant Contact), and website editing experience is a plus.
KSBCF is a small office environment with flexible work hours. Some travel is required to attend meetings, attend and host events, and procure auction items. Administrative Director must have own transportation and a valid driver’s license.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Michele Brown, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes accepted until job is filled.
$20/hour with three weeks of paid time off and 9 paid holidays.